The Queen’s children, as well as Princes William and Harry, are either at or travelling to the estate in Scotland to be with her.
Here are the main key updates we know so far.
- The Queen is under medical supervision at Balmoral Castle in Scotland, a statement from Buckingham Palace says
- Her doctors are concerned for her health, but say the 96-year-old monarch “remains comfortable”
- All the Queen’s children, as well as Princes William and Harry, are either at or travelling to the estate
- Well-wishers are gathering at the gates of Balmoral, as well as outside Buckingham Palace, in London
- New UK Prime Minister Liz Truss says “the whole country will be deeply concerned by the news”
- The Archbishop of Canterbury says he is sending prayers and the first ministers of Scotland and Wales say she is in their thought