VIDEO: Put it down you are going to be shot. We do not want to shoot you.

​Watch the moment professional and brave police officers shot a man armed with a gun in a taxi after taking aim at Officers. Cops clearly shouted we do not want to shoot you before firing a shot.

Police officers screamed clear commands at Sam Houlihan aged 24 "keep you hands where we can see them" and "put it down, you're going to be shot"

Cops surround a taxi, the passenger inside is armed with what police believe to be a handgun .

He ignored those requests forcing officers to fire a shot at Houlihan, who cops feared was going fire a shot at police.

A JUDGE has praised Durham Constabulary firearms officers for showing ‘commendable conduct and selfless courage’ when they shot a man who was brandishing a firearm during an incident in Bishop Auckland last year.  

Sam Houlihan was carrying a replica weapon when he was shot by firearms officers on the morning of Friday, May 25 last year. 

The 24-year-old, of Bishop Auckland, admitted possessing a firearm with intent to cause fear of violence and possessing a firearm when prohibited. 

https://twitter.com/PoliceHour/status/1086664672814776321

He appeared at Durham Crown Court today via videolink where he was sentenced to an indefinite hospital order under the Mental Health Act.  

Houlihan had bought the Sig Sauer P226 air pistol on the morning of the incident after lying to the shop assistant that he was not banned from owning a firearm. 

Later that morning he got a taxi to Cockton Hill working men’s club where he was caught on CCTV inside the building carrying the weapon.

He then made his way to a nearby convenience store where he bought a bottle of whisky before getting back in the taxi. 

Armed police then surrounded the vehicle on Rochester Close after being alerted by members of the public who had seen him carrying a gun. 

Houlihan ignored repeated requests from police to not raise the weapon and to comply with their orders. As a consequence, he was shot and sustained a wound to his arm. 

The officers immediately approached Houlihan and gave him first aid until paramedics arrived.  

Suspect and the taxi driver in the mini bus moments before armed officers demand he puts the gun down.

During today’s sentencing, Judge Christopher Prince said the officers involved should be commended for their conduct during the incident. 

“They were very professional, they were calm and they were composed,” he said.

“I am reassured, and I am sure other people will be reassured to know that Durham Constabulary employ such professional officers who will readily respond to a production of a firearm or any other weapon quickly and calmly.”

 
Detective Chief Superintendent Adrian Green, from Durham Constabulary, said: “Today’s sentence reflects the seriousness of the incident involving Houlihan.

“It is still unclear what Houlihan’s intentions were, but his possession of a firearm in a public place was reckless and frightening to the public and attending police officers. 

“While incidents of this nature are rare, it demonstrates clearly the dangers of possessing firearms and replica firearms in public. It also shows Durham Constabulary’s ability and commitment to deal with these types of incidents and keep our communities safe.”

Police have confirmed E.T was at home in search for wanted Burglar

She really won’t be that hard to miss.

Police have confirmed E.T was at home and no fictional soap characters are potential suspects.

Police want to speak to her following a burglary Richard Cooper Road in Shenstone just before 9pm on 3 January.

Detectives from Staffordshire Police have released an e-fit of a woman they want to speak to in connection with a burglary earlier this month.

Two women and two men forced entry to a home on Richard Cooper Road in Shenstone, Lichfield, just before 9pm on 3 January.

https://twitter.com/policehour/status/1085586549457195008?s=21

A quantity of cash and electronic equipment were taken before the four offenders made off from the scene in an Audi.

The suspect is described as a very skinny woman in her mid 30s with light blonde hair and speaks with a Birmingham accent.

During the incident, the woman was wearing a green knitted top and pale leggings.

Investigations are on-going and anyone that recognises the woman in the e-fit or has any other information about the burglary is asked to email [email protected]
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Body found in water outside of the Newcastle Building Society

Emergency services were called to a pond outside of the Newcastle Building Society at the Cobalt Business Park close to silverlink.

Photo credit: BBC/ @MHPaterson

A man was sadly pronounced dead at the scene, his death is currently being treat by police as suspicious.

A large police cordon will remain in place for a number of hours while investigations are underway.

Photo credit: BBC/ @MHPaterson

Fire Fighters launched a rescue operation at Cobalt Business Park in North Tyneside after reports of a body being spotted in water.

Photo credit: BBC/ @MHPaterson

https://twitter.com/northumbriapol/status/1084484998126800896?s=21

Northumbria Police have released a statement confirming the tragic news

"At around 11.10am today (Jan 13), police were called to the Cobalt Business Park in North Tyneside after the body of a man was found in water.

"Emergency services attended and the man was declared dead at the scene.

"Enquiries are ongoing to identify the man and contact his next of kin, however his death is not currently being treated as suspicious.

We'll update you as soon as the police release further details.

Boy aged 11 killed in Manchester Hit & Run

An 11-year-old boy has tragically died in a hit and run incident.

The boy was rushed on blue lights to a nearby hospital just after 6pm.

He was tragically pronounced dead shortly after arriving.

It’s believed he was hit by a grey VW Golf which did not stop after the crash and was later found abandoned nearby.

A man then turned up at a local police station and handed himself he was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.

He remains in custody for questioning.

https://twitter.com/gmpolice/status/1084172811445383169?s=21

The area around Albert Street in Beswick, Manchester, remains closed while detectives begin their investigation.

PC Karl Horner said: ‘This was a tragic incident in which a young boy lost his life, and my thoughts are with his family at this unimaginably difficult time.

‘We have a man in custody, but our enquiries continue as we work to establish the full circumstances which led to this collision.

‘If you think you saw the driver of the grey VW Golf around the time of the collision, or if you witnessed what happened, then please get in touch with us as soon as possible. ‘

‘We are particularly keen to speak to anyone who may have dashcam footage of the incident or the events leading up to it.’

Anyone with information should call Greater Manchester Police’s Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 0161 856 4741 quoting reference number 1642 of 12/01/2019.

https://twitter.com/policehour/status/1084227279515996160?s=21

Or you can call independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.

Wanted for stealing the blue lights off Sunderland Police Car

Oh Cakes... Sarg the blue lights aren't working, they ain't coming on. they've gone some idiots taken them.

Some people collect drunken cones, some people collect drunken traffic signs this drunken guy collects drunken blue-lights from police cars.

And now he's wanted for criminal damage and theft. What an idiot. Don't worry they've got his mug on camera.

Officers from British Transport Police have released CCTV images of a man after police lights were stolen from a car at Sunderland Railway Station.

The incident happened at 4.29am on Wednesday 26 December 2018.

Officers have today released the appeal following the incident on Boxing Day.

The smirking man wearing 'blue' decided he needed a new set of blue-lights after Santa missed them off his wish list. Maybe because he found himself on the naughty list.

Police say the man featured in the CCTV may have some information that could help them.

We think they could be close to cracking the case of the missing lights if they think this man could help the investigation.

On a serious note the man within this photo has committed a serious offence and prevented an emergency vehicle responding to emergency incidents limiting the capability of the BTP on one of the most stretched times of the year for the police.

This incident is completely unacceptable and meant one less police car was on the road.

Anyone who recognises the man, or who has more information about the incident, is asked to contact BTP by texting 61016 or calling 0800 40 50 40, quoting reference number 266 of 27/12/18.

Alternatively you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Fake EuroMillions winner account claims it’ll share millions with 50 lucky people

46 thousand people have followed a Fake Twitter account which claims belongs to EuroMillions winner Patrick Connolly. The National Lottery have confirmed that this Twitter account is nothing todo with the EuroMillions Winners.

The account which is Fake offered to share his £115 EuroMillions fortune with 50 people who retweet the post, so far 55K people have retweeted and 46K people have followed the account.

The Couple announced at a press conference that they had already drawn up a list of 50 family members and friends they intend to share the money with.

Some of those include good causes and charity groups such as grassroots football club Hartlepool's St Francis Community Football club, But they won't be sharing that fortune with strangers on Twitter.

Soon after the press conference, the fake account appeared online @Pat_Conolly which claimed to be Patrick Connolly himself and promised 50 Retweeters a share of the £115 Million, But it is a scam, a fraudster is using both Patrick and Frances Connolly good nature to trick people into following the account.

The account carries pictures of Patrick and Frances Connolly and the bio says: “£115 million EuroMillions jackpot winner, family man, and proud unionist.” They are also encouraging people to follow a YouTube Channel.

The fake Twitter account attracted almost 46,000 followers since they were announced as EuroMillions Winners. One post last Friday said: “As you all know me and my wife have won the £115 euromillions jackpot, we’re looking for 50 people to give some of the winnings away to, retweet, like and follow for a chance to win! #EuroMillions”

Thousands of people have bombarded the account wishing the couple well and requesting a share in the millions, others have issued pleas for charity donations for communities, good causes and charities.

While others have warned the account not to share their millions with having such a good nature and to be careful how they spend the money.

A spokesperson for The National Lottery confirmed that the @Pat_conolly Twitter account is nothing to do with the EuroMillions winners.

They said: “The National Lottery, winners of The National Lottery and other lotteries are sometimes falsely imitated on the internet in a variety of ways.

"often to try to make people believe they are going to be entitled to money.

“We would urge people to remember that, if something looks too good to be true, it probably is.”

17 month old who was taken in stol​e​n car back home safe and well

A 17-month-old girl named Maria is thankfully back home after police have successfully located her safe and well after issuing an urgent appeal that was shared by 18 thousand times by Police Hour readers.

We'd like to thank everyone who shared the article and provided information to the police which enabled them to return Maria back home safe and well.

https://twitter.com/metpoliceuk/status/1082003777081749504

Maria was reported missing after the car she was a passenger in was stolen as her father had met a man to sell the car.

Met Police confirmed the good news saying "Delighted to report that missing child Maria Tudorica aged 17months has now been found safe and well in the Ruskin Avenue, E12 area,

"Thanks to media and all members of the public who have helped with this appeal."

Police had issued the urgent child safety alert after the stolen black Audi A5 was located a short distance away, but Maria was not in the car.

Police in Newham had launched the urgent search and after 3 hours of searching the 17-month-old was located safe and well.

Police had urged anyone with any information whatsoever to call 999 immediately.

The girl's father had met with an unknown man to talk about the sale of his car.

The man then jumped in the car and drove away with the seller's daughter the passenger seat.

The car was found later but the girl was no longer inside the car It was found abandoned nearby Hatherway Crescent E15, but the girl was not inside.

Police say the car that was stolen which has been recovered was a Audi black A5 with the number plate FY58UAZ.

Met Police have released a statement saying "Police are urgently appealing for information to trace a 17-month-old girl who was in a car when it was stolen in Newham.

"At around 16:37hrs on Sunday, 6 January, the girl's father met with an unknown man in Nine Acres Close, E12 with a view to selling his car.

"The man jumped into the car and drove away.

"The seller's daughter was in the front passenger seat of the car when it was taken. She is Maria, a Romanian girl from the local area. She was wearing a white top and red bottoms.

"The car, a black Audi A5, registration number FY58UAZ was later found abandoned nearby in Hatherway Crescent, E12 without the child inside.

"The man who took the car is described as an Asian man of slim build, dressed in black clothing.

"Detectives from Newham police are leading the investigation."

Anyone who knows the whereabouts of the girl or the car, or who has information that may assist police, should call 999 immediately.

You can also call Crimestoppers via 0800 555 111 or tweet police via @MetCC

Huge costal search underway in Hartlepool involving police, coastguard & RNLI

A huge search and rescue Operation is underway in Hartlepool between Crimdon and the Headland.

Emergency services were stood down and returned to the area at 7.30pm before being stood back down at 8.30pm.

With temperatures as low as 4 degree's a search and rescue operation is underway in Hartlepool.

Emergency services descended on the area in search of a missing person. Police have not released details of the person they are searching for.

The police helicopter, Coastguard and RNLI have been searching the site near Steetley Pier in Hartlepool for a number of hours.

Coastguard teams have searched all Drainage Outflows and the beams under Steetely Pier which is the main focus of the search which was launched just after 4pm.

The RNLI was instructed to search the waters between the headland and Crimdon with outflows and the Pier being the biggest area of priority.

Police officers and a large number of volunteers from the Coastguard searched the beach and the dunes while the RNLI Hummer, offshore and inshore boat searched the water with beams.

The Police Helicopter searched overhead, covering a wider area but was stood down at 6 pm. The Coastguard and RNLI were also stood down just before 7 pm after there was nothing found after almost three hours of searching in cold conditions.

https://twitter.com/PoliceHour/status/1081646820789501957

But then re-attended the scene just before 7.30pm following a confirmed sighting on the pier.

The Helicopter, Police, Coastguard and RNLI returned and began conducting further searches.

Cleveland Police have not yet confirmed who they and volunteers are searching for, but with the scale and length of the search, they must have serious and credible concerns for the person's welfare.

Hartlepool Coastguard Rescue Team have released a statement confirming they were searching for a missing person "Paged by Humber Coastguard to search for a missing person after belongings were found close to the beach.

"We conducted a searched along with Seaham Coastguard , Cleveland Police both lifeboats from Hartlepool RNLI & NPAS Newcastle along with our Senior CCoastalOperations officers from both Whitby and Hartlepool.

"After searching the area and nothing found we were all stood down.

"Just after arriving back on station we were contacted to say someone was seen on the top of Steetley Pier, Searches were again conducted by ourselves and colleagues from other agencies including Police Air support and Cleveland Fire Service. Again nothing was found and we were stood down."

All emergency services, Coastguard, RNLI stood down at 8.30pm following having found nothing within that location.

RIP Detective Inspector Richie Baker of Cleveland Police

The Thin Blue Line just got thinner, Our thoughts are with the family, friends and fellow officers of DI Richie Baker of Cleveland Police who has sadly died.

DI Richie Baker a serving officer with Cleveland Police has sadly been found dead at the cliffs on Thursday afternoon after officers responded to reports of concerns for the welfare of a man.

Having served with Cleveland Police for 28 years DI Baker was a well-liked​ and a well-regarded​ officer.

A spokesperson has told Police Hour "Yesterday afternoon officers were sent to an incident at Huntcliff in Saltburn where unfortunately a man’s body was found.

“Sadly we can also confirm that the man was a serving Cleveland Police Officer, Detective Inspector Richie Baker.

“Richie’s family has been informed and our thoughts and sympathies are with them. He was 54 and he had 28 years’ service with Cleveland Police.

“Richie was part of a strong, close team and was extremely well regarded by his colleagues. Inquiries into the circumstances surrounding his death are on-going and officers are supporting Richie’s family and colleagues.

"His family has asked for privacy at this very difficult time and we would urge that everyone respects this.”

Urgent Child Safety Alert missing brothers Dillon 15 & Declan 14

Cleveland Police are urgently looking to appeal for two missing brothers Dillon Day aged 15 and Declan Day aged 14.

Police are appealing to trace missing brothers Dillon Day, 15, and Declan Day, 14, who were last seen in the Cornforth Avenue area of Middlesbrough on Tuesday 1 January.

Declan is described as being of medium build, 5 ft 2” tall with mousey dark hair and brown eyes. Dillon is described as being of medium build, 5 ft 4” tall with blond curly hair (shaved at the back) and green eyes.

It is believed they are in the Berwick Hills or Pallister Park areas.

Anyone who may have seen the brothers or know of their whereabouts is asked to contact Cleveland Police on 101 quoting event number SE18234623.

Missing People

if you are reading this help and support, is available we will simply call or text 116000 for free confidential advice.

If you are yourself sat reading this and thinking of running away from home please be assured help and support is out there for you.

Simply call or text 116000 they will be able to help you free and confidential.

Anyone who is currently missing from home ‘Missing people’ are here to help you whenever you are ready; they can listen, talk you through what help you need, pass

a message for you and help you to be safe.
Call. Text. Anytime. Free. Confidential.
They are also on hand to provide support for anyone who has been recently returned home having been missing.

116000 They are also on hand to provide support for anyone who has been recently returned home having been missing.