Prime Minister Boris Johnson has this evening announced the new lockdown rules for England but what are they?
A third Lockdown has been introduced within England which means you must once again stay home and only leave for a limited number of reasons.
Do I have to stay home?
The government has warned ‘You must stay at home’ because this is the single most important action we can all take to stay home and project the NHS and save lives.
When do the new rules come into force?
The government have advised you must immediately follow the ‘Stay at home’ guidance and laws will be immediately passed to ensure the police are able to enforce the lockdown rules until at least February.
When am i able to leave home?
You must not leave, or be outside of your home except where necessary. You may leave the home to:
- Shop for basic necessities, for you or a vulnerable person.
- Go to work, or provide voluntary or charitable services, if you cannot reasonably do so from home.
- Exercise with your household (or support bubble) or one other person, this should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area.
- Meet your support bubble or childcare bubble where necessary, but only if you are legally permitted to form one
- Seek medical assistance or avoid injury, illness or risk of harm (including domestic abuse)
- Attend education or childcare – for those eligible
Who can attend college or school?
Colleges, primary and secondary schools will remain open only for vulnerable children and the children of critical workers. All other children will learn remotely until February half term. Early Years settings remain open.
Higher Education provision will remain online until mid February for all except future critical worker courses.
If you do leave home for a permitted reason, you should always stay local in the village, town, or part of the city where you live. You may leave your local area for a legally permitted reason, such as for work.
If you are clinically extremely vulnerable you should only go out for medical appointments, exercise or if it is essential. You should not attend work
Am i able to meet people from another house?
You cannot leave your home to meet socially with anyone you do not live with to are not in a support bubble with.
You are only allowed form a support bubble if you are legally allowed to form one.
You may exercise on your own, with one other person, or with your household or support bubble.
You should not meet other people you do not live with, or have formed a support bubble with, unless for a permitted reason.
You should stay 2 metres apart from anyone not in your household.
When will the Lockdown in England be lifted?
The third coronavirus lockdown within England will be reviewed on February 15th 2020, until this stage the above rules must be followed.