Watford Hospital A&E has closed to further patients due to a critical incident being declared at the hospital.
The Watford General Hospital are now advising people to visit a different hospital instead. This includes those suffering coronavirus symptoms.
The Hospital told people “Please DO NOT attend Watford General’s emergency department until further notice, even in an emergency.
“Go to your next nearest hospital with an emergency department. Anyone with non-urgent issues should seek advice via https://111.nhs.uk”
Please DO NOT attend Watford General’s emergency department until further notice, even in an emergency. Go to your next nearest hospital with an emergency department. Anyone with non-urgent issues should seek advice via https://t.co/3rSnMp3o5g
— West Herts Hospitals (@WestHertsNHS) April 4, 2020
The reason behind A&E being closed has not been expanded.
If you require hospital treatment and are within the Watford area it is advised that you use another hospital across London.
- Northwick Park Hospital, Harrow
- Barnet Hospital, Chipping Barnet
- Hillingdon Hospital, Uxbridge
- Ealing Hospital, Southall
- Luton & Dunstable Hospital, Luton
- Stoke Mandeville Hospital, Aylesbury
- Lister Hospital, Stevenage
For a full list, including addresses and contact details of A & E hospitals, click here.
- Urgent Treatment Centre, Hemel Hempstead Hospital – details here
- Urgent Treatment Centre, QEII, Welwyn Garden City – details here
Enjoyed this article?
There’s a lot of misinformation doing the rounds about #coronavirus, and it’s hard to know who to trust. Visit NHS Directly to find out what the symptoms are, how to prevent the spread, and who should stay at home..