An incredible community have pulled together and raised over £1.7k to support a family who has lost everything in a house fire.
On Saturday September 14th at 7pm the Ongar family lost everything in a tragic house fire.
Fire ripped through their home when the kitchen caught fire.
In the fire the family lost everything, but 24 hours later a Gofundmepage was set up to help the family rebuild their life.
Set up by Laura Roberts who wanted to support members of her
community she said “Tonight an awful event happened and a lovely couple Ben and janine lost there house and everything in it to a house fire. Fortunately them and their 3 children got out safely.
“As a community can we all please pull together and help them by donating to support them through this horrific ordeal. Thank you in advance.”
Five fire crews from across Essex were scrambled to attend a house fire on Turret Court, Ongar.
Almost three hours later firefighters managed to extinguish the fire.
Ben and Janine along with their three children are believed to be the occupants of the property.
The page has already raised over £1,500 to support the couple in re-building their lifes and home.
Enjoyed this article?
There’s a lot of misinformation doing the rounds about #coronavirus, and it’s hard to know who to trust. Visit NHS Directly to find out what the symptoms are, how to prevent the spread, and who should stay at home..