10.6 C
Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Girl 11 who was playing in park caught up in London shooting incident

- Advertisement -[aas_zone zone_id="10449"]
- Advertisement -[aas_zone zone_id="10449"]

Girl aged 11 and three others have been injured following a shooting in Mitcham. She had been playing in a park when the incident happened.

Emergency services have done a fantastic job at the scene, despite no arrests being made.

Met Police confirmed that in total 4 people had been hurt within Figges Marsh, Mitcham and are currently searching the area for a group of males who disappeared from the area shortly after the shooting.

Within the incident, a girl aged 11 was injured following the shooting within a London park.

Armed Police in Northumbria

She and three others were rushed to hospital following the horrific scenes in Mitcham, Southwest London at 5.40pm on a sunny Sunday afternoon.

Currently, no arrests have been made, Officers are still on the scene of the affluent suburb where the average property is £430K.

Police have now put a Section 60 Stop and Search order in place within the area after a large group of males were seen in the area before the shooting.

It is not yet clear if this was part of a targeted attack.

The Police and Ambulance service has done an absolutely fantastic job on the scene to ensure no lives have been lost.

They responded very quickly to the incident and administered first aid before they were rushed to the hospital.

Cops are now searching the area for the suspects and checking local CCTV.

This incident is absolutely shocking thankfully the 11-year-old girl is in a non-life threatening condition along with the three others.

The Met Police spokesman said: “Officers are in the area of Figges Marsh, Mitcham following an incident today, Sunday, 24 March.

“At 17.40hrs, police received reports that a firearm had been discharged.

“A woman and an 11-year-old child were treated by LAS for injuries believed to have been caused by a firearm. They have been taken to the hospital.

“A large group of males had been seen in the road prior to the firearm being discharged and enquiries are ongoing to locate these individuals.

“It is believed that two further people – who subsequently self-presented at a nearby hospital – were injured during the incident.

“None of those injured is in a life-threatening condition.

“There have been no arrests at this stage.

“Enquiries are ongoing.


“There are no road closures.”

- Advertisement -[aas_zone zone_id="10449"]
Trevor Sherwood
Trevor Sherwood
Trevor Sherwood is the editor and news reporter covering national and international news crime and policing news. Tweet your news and views to @TrevSherwoodPH

Latest news

- Advertisement -[aas_zone zone_id="10449"]

Related news

- Advertisement -[aas_zone zone_id="10449"]