Firefighters are reminding people of the dangers or water left inside or a hose pipe during the heatwave.
Las Vegas Fire Rescue reminded people of an incident that happened in 2016 or a baby boy
, who suffered second degree burns after he was sprayed with a garden hose that had been sitting outside in the sun.
Here in Las Vegas, a garden hose exposed to direct sunlight during summer can heat the water inside the hose (not flowing) to 130-140 degrees which can cause burns especially to children & animals. Let the water flow a few minutes to cool before spraying on people or animals. pic.twitter.com/FMkzEt27xl
— Las Vegas FireRescue (@LasVegasFD) June 4, 2018
First responders are now sharing the image, hoping to warn the public and avoid similar instances.
Firefighters say in Vegas, water left inside a hose can reach 130 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit. They recommend that parents let the water flow for a few minutes to cool down before using it to spray people or animals.
Enjoyed this article?
There’s a lot of misinformation doing the rounds about #coronavirus, and it’s hard to know who to trust. Visit NHS Directly to find out what the symptoms are, how to prevent the spread, and who should stay at home..