Connect with us

News

Police are content Corrie McKeague is not in the landfill areas which have now been searched.

Published

on

Corrie Mckeague has been missing since September

olice have completed the search of a second area at the Milton landfill site as part of their inquiry to find Corrie McKeague.

The search of an extended area of Cell 22 began on October 23, 2017.

Although the data available indicated this was the next most likely area where Corrie might be found following the original 20-week search of the cell earlier this year, there was no trace of him.

Police are content Corrie is not in the landfill areas which have now been searched.

The inquiry team has identified all the other possible locations where waste has been deposited from the area in Bury St Edmunds known as the ‘horseshoe’ and there are no further realistic search opportunities at this time.

As previously stated, the nature of waste disposal and its movement is not an exact science.

The primary hypothesis – that Corrie ended up in the waste disposal process – was endorsed by a review of the investigation undertaken by the East Midlands Special Operations Unit (EMSOU).

The EMSOU officers who conducted the review were given access to all of the information they needed to conduct a thorough review, including all of the witness statements.

Following the conclusion of the landfill search site today the investigation into Corrie’s disappearance on September 24, 2016, will continue.

He was last seen on CCTV entering a loading bay in the ‘horseshoe’ following a night out.

CCTV in Bury St Edmunds town centre has already been viewed up to 4pm on 24th September 2016 and Corrie has not been seen to leave.

However, we will continue to scrutinise the other theories in order to try to establish and understand what may have happened to Corrie.

Detective Superintendent Katie Elliott said: “We are still committed to continuing with the inquiry. There are a number of other theories about what could have happened to Corrie and we are continuing to test the evidence to help us understand what happened to Corrie, which will assist in providing answers to his family.

“We feel it is important to explain to the family what we are doing, so they have the opportunity to understand and question what we have done, and why we have done it.

“We are acutely aware of the immense strain the last 15 months has placed upon Corrie’s loved ones. We want them to be confident we are doing everything that it is practical for us to do as we strive to find Corrie.”

Suffolk Constabulary would like to thank FCC Environment, owner of the Milton landfill site, for its support and co-operation during the inquiry.

The total amount searched in this second phase of the search was 2,867.5 tonnes.

Let us know your views by tweeting @PoliceHour We'll feature the best tweets within the article.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading
Advertisement

News

3 year old attacked by three men with acid at retail park

Published

on

A three-year old boy has been seriously injured in what police have described as a deliberate targeted attack at Hone Bargains on Shrub Hill Retail Park at around 2.15pm on Saturday.

The boy suffered serious burns to his arms and face

He is being treated for his injuries in hospital.

West Mercia Police have released images of three men they would like to speak to about the incident

Chief Superintendent Mark Travis said: “At this time we are treating this as a deliberate attack on a three-year-old boy.

“The incident will rightly shock the local community and I would like to reassure local people that we are carrying out a thorough investigation to identify those responsible.

“At this time, the motive for the attack is unclear. Officers are working hard to establish exactly what happened and what the substance involved was.”

He said that the three men pictured in the images from the store “may have information vital to our investigation.

“I am sure someone will recognise them and I would urge anyone with information to contact us as a matter of urgency.”

A 39-year-old man from Wolverhampton has been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit grievous bodily harm and remains in police custody.

West Mercia Police said anyone with information should call 999 or the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Let us know your views by tweeting @PoliceHour We'll feature the best tweets within the article.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

News

Families warned to drain paddling pools to stop vampire horseflies breeding after heatwave

Published

on

Vampire like horseflies are breeding like never before as Britain enjoys the longest heatwave in 40 years.

They are breeding like never before with the aide of garden pools and the heatwave.

The NHS is now advising members of the public to drain standing water to stop insects multiplying.

These insects love water and the heat will only help them increase in numbers.

The problem comes when they bite you, more that 9000 people have called the NHS helpline 111 to report these insects bites.

They leave a painful bite which often requires antibiotics if they become infected.

According to Dr Nick Scriven, president of the Society for Acute Medicine, bites from vampire horseflies can be especially sore.

He told the BBC: “They actually give one of the nastier bites, because they take a chunk out of you.”

“They can be very painful, and can take a while to heal, and as result can get infected and need antibiotics.”

Paddling pools are prime breeding grounds for these bugs.

Let us know your views by tweeting @PoliceHour We'll feature the best tweets within the article.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

News

Thug attempted to kill cop jailed for less than 2 years… It should be life

Published

on

We know you should have faced attempted murder charges, we know your laughing at your sentence. Because you attempted to kill a cop to avoid arrest because you are an idiot.

But be assured when that day comes that you need the police to save your life they won’t hold it against you.

In the early hours of Wednesday, 13 June officers chased a suspected stolen vehicle along the A22 Godstone Bypass, after it had been linked to a burglary in Oxted eight days before.

Officers managed to box the vehicle in (using a manoeuvre known as Tactical Pursuit and Containment TPAC).

During the TPAC, the vehicle swerved into one of the police cars, trying to force it off of the road. Officers managed to box the vehicle in, and it then tried to reverse away from officers, so officers got out of their vehicles and tried to remove the driver (Kidd), this included smashing the windows of the vehicle.

In car video footage shows Sergeant Chris Schultze, of the Area Patrol Team, was on the passenger’s side of the vehicle, but then started to go towards the driver’s side to assist officers.

As Sergeant Schultze was making his way to the driver’s side, Kidd drove forward in what appeared to be a deliberate attempt to knock the officers over the barrier, as seen in the footage.

Sergeant Schultze was initially treated at hospital for his injuries, and was later discharged and is now back on duty

The three occupants (two 19-year-old men from Sutton and a 17-year-old man) were arrested for various offences including burglary, theft of a motor vehicle, and failure to stop.

Ramone Kidd, 19-years-old, of Prince of Wales Road in Sutton, South London appeared at Guildford Crown Court yesterday (12 July), and pleaded guilty to the following:

Dangerous driving

Driving whilst disqualified

Driving whilst unfit through drink / drugs

Actual bodily harm (ABH)

Kidd was sentenced to 23 months in prison, and has had his licence disqualified for three years.

In court, His Honour Judge Moss commended all the officers involved in the initial pursuit and the investigation team.

Detective Sergeant Kerry Akehurst, from the Criminal Investigation Department said: “I would firstly like to echo what His Honour Judge Moss said around the professionalism of the officers involved in the incident.

“The role of a police officer is to protect the public, and each day officers put their lives at risk to apprehend suspects and protect the public. During this particular incident, officers attempted to stop the vehicle, and in doing so, three officers received injuries and four police vehicles sustained damage.”

The 19 and 17 year-old men have been released under investigation for the burglary offences whilst enquiries continue.

Let us know your views by tweeting @PoliceHour We'll feature the best tweets within the article.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement
Advertisement

Facebook

Trending