Connect with us

News

URGENT: Possible Child Abduction at Heaton Park Manchester

Published

on

LilyAnne's Coffee Bar



Police are urgently searching for a girl believed to be aged 6 or 7 following reports of a child abduction at Heaton Park Manchester.

We currently have no image of the child who may have been snatched this evening. Police have placed Heaton Park on Lockdown following tonight’s firework display 400 cars leaving the event have been searched by officers but nothing suspicious was found.

Detectives have confirmed that the girl who is believed to be six or seven years old was snatched from Heaton Park while enjoying a Bonfire night event. GMP will only confirm that the incident is “believed” to have happened and that they are taking the investigation “seriously”.

Eyewitnesses have said that the girl who is believed to be abduction is described as being white, approximately 6  or 7 years-old wearing a pink coat and little pony wellies. She was seen to be taken into a car by a male. These are the only details known.

What is unclear is if any child has been reported missing at all by her parents which is supported by the police not releasing a name or photo. Rightly they are taking this incident very seriously and placed  Heaton Park on lockdown.  and are searching every single car leaving the event.

Officers spent over 2 hours searching over 400 cars leaving the event.  Police Hour sources suggest that the incident was reported to a member of the security team that he witnessed a distressed girl being placed into the back of a car.

Greater Manchester Police are taking these reports very seriously and have confirmed that they are currently responding to reports of a possible child abduction at Heaton Park.

The incident happened at 9pm on Sunday 5th November where police were called to reports that a girl had been abducted from Heaton Park.

Police officers are on the scene and are following a number of procedures which includes a search of all vehicles leaving the park.

Superintendent Arif Nawz has said “i want people to know we are taking this report extremely seriously and are following all possible lines of enquiry, which may cause some disruption to people leaving the event this evening.

“we need to be really clear about what has happened this evening so i’d ask that people refrain from speculating around the circumstances on social media as we follow our processes

“Thank you for your cooperation and Patience”

If you have any information or witnessed anything please contact Greater Manchester Police on 101.

Let us know your views by tweeting @PoliceHour We'll feature the best tweets within the article.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading
Advertisement

News

Policing welcomes Home Secretary Sajid Javid positivity and support offering olive branch in Police Federation address

Published

on

LilyAnne's Coffee Bar



The policing world has welcomed the warming and supportive words of new Home Secretary Sajid Javid. We believe he is the first Home Secretary who knows policing.

And thats because it’s in his families blood, he has a lot of great things to say about policing.

An understanding of policing on another level. He knows demand is up, funds are low and the job is tough.

Offering cops the tools they need to get the job done without worrying about stopping and searching suspects.

He has backed an increased use of stop and search to tackle the spate of violence on Britain’s streets.

Sajid Javid speech was received with warmth as he promised to prioritise police spending as he offered an olive branch to rank-and-file officers.

Mr Javid was welcomed to the Police Fed conference and received support from the front line cops following Amber Rudds poor reception last year over budget cuts and staffing reductions.

This was a testing first speech the Home Secretary who wanted to try and draw a line under the era of running battles between the Government and the police.

Following mounting pressures faced by officers faced with policing cuts.

As of September there were 121,929 officers across the 43 territorial forces in England and Wales – a fall of nearly 20,000 compared with a decade earlier.

Referring to stop and search, he told the Police Federation of England and Wales’ (PFEW) annual conference in Birmingham: “Some of you don’t feel comfortable using it – and that’s not how it should be.

“I have confidence in your professional judgment. So let me be clear – I support the use of stop and search.

“You have to do your job and that means protecting everyone.”

He said evidence shows that black people are more likely to be a homicide victim than any other ethnic group.

“If stop and search can mean saving lives from the communities most affected, then of course that has to be right,” Mr Javid said.

Following a spate of violence across London and the UK there has been a sharp reduction in stop and search activity , with use of the powers at the lowest level.

Cops faced heavy criticism after they were accused of unfairly focusing on black and minority ethnic individuals.

Theresa May introduced measures in 2014 to ensure stop and search could not be used in this way.

Mr Javid acknowledged that police officers have an increased demand saying “I’m not arrogant enough to turn up here after three weeks in the job and tell you how to do yours,”

Mr Javid added that the government have had to make difficult decisions since 2010 and that he does not have a magic wand to fund everything needed but he said he was “listening and i do get it”.

“We need to think more about the long-term funding of policing.

“I will priorities police funding in the Spending Review next year.”

He said that, including funds raised through council tax, more than £1 billion extra cash is being invested in policing now than three years ago.

Addressing the fact that he had not spent much time in the role, he said that while the position of Home Secretary was his fifth in Government, he had seen the issues involved in policing and worked with the service during his other roles.

He continued that it was “not all about funding” and the Government needed to do more to “protect the protectors”, such as tougher penalties for those who attack emergency services workers, changing the laws on police pursuits, and updating their kit.

Mr Javid pledged to provide “tools, the powers and the back-up that you need to get the job done…

“For those of you who stand on the front line, be in no doubt that I will be standing with you.”

Let us know your views by tweeting @PoliceHour We'll feature the best tweets within the article.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

News

Man stabbed in horrific road rage incident in Small Heath

Published

on

LilyAnne's Coffee Bar



A man in his 20s has suffered life-changing injuries after being stabbed following a road rage incident at 5.30pm

The motorist was stabbed in the horror attack on Coventry Road in Small Heath.

Police say the victim, aged in his 20s, suffered ‘life changing’ injuries in the attack at 5.30pm on Tuesday.

They are now hunting the knifemen who fled the scene after the broad daylight attack.

The air ambulance later landed close to the scene of the incident near Aubrey Road and took the victim to hospital.

A West Midlands Police spokeswoman said: “Police were called after a man was injured on Coventry Road, Small Heath shortly after 5.30pm today (22 May).

“It is believed a dispute took place after a road traffic collision and a man in his 20’s suffered serious knife injuries.

“He has been taken to hospital where his condition is described as life changing.

“The offender is believed to have fled.

“Police are currently at the scene, which has been cordoned off and forensic enquiries are being conducted.

“No arrests have been made and anyone with any information is asked to call police on 101 quoting log number 2006 of 22 May.”

Dramatic pictures showed a number of police cars in the Coventry Road /Aubrey Road area, with a large part of the road cordoned off.

Crowds of onlookers had gathered at the scene.

Let us know your views by tweeting @PoliceHour We'll feature the best tweets within the article.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

News

Just In: active shooter at complex in Panama City Florida

Published

on

LilyAnne's Coffee Bar



Armed cops are responding to reports of an active shooter at an apartment complex in Panama City Florida.

Members of the public are to Run, Hide & Tell.

At this moment in time it is unclear how many people have been injured in the incident.

Local media suggests that at least one person has been grazed by gun fire.

That person is believed to be in a serious but stable condition.

Members of the public are told to avoid the area of the 2300 block of Beck Avenue until further notice.

More follows

Let us know your views by tweeting @PoliceHour We'll feature the best tweets within the article.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement
Advertisement

Facebook

Trending