Connect with us

News

Man arrested after hostages taken by armed man at Nuneaton Bowling Alley

Published

on

Armed Police and specially trained negotiators have successfully ended a hostage situation that lasted almost four hours.

Armed Officers and Ambulance Crews responded to the major incident at the MFA Bowling Alley in Nuneaton following a vast amount of calls reporting a man with a sawn-off shotgun.

The man is believed to have taken two hostages who were both staff members within the bowling alley.

Mehdi Afshar Chief Executive of MFA Bowl confirmed that two members of his staff were being held, hostage.

It is Mehdi believe that the suspect gunman is known to one of his staff members and the relationship is either an ex-husband or boyfriend.

No customers or other staff members were hurt in the incident and were allowed to freely leave, while the suspect told many others to get the F**k out of here while screaming at his hostages it is Game Over.

 

The incident began just after 3pm on Sunday 22nd October when many families and children fled the scene after spotting the gunman.

Those that did not escape the scene immediately were told to leave by the gunman.  Police quickly ruled out the incident as being terror-related.

Credit: PoliceHour

The full area is on lockdown with all roads in and out of the area have been blocked and no one is allowed to leave the Nearby Odeon Cinema located next door to the bowling alley or a nearby soft play centre.

The Air Ambulance has landed near the bowling alley and has since left the location.

Video footage shows a number of armed police officers in a car park at the scene.

 

Warwickshire Police confirmed that they were dealing with an “ongoing incident” however while the incident was ongoing they did not confirm the nature of the incident.

Once the incident had concluded police confirmed that the man had been arrested and two hostages had been released uninjured.

Moments before the incident ended flash bangs were seen and heard before armed officers moved in and very quickly the suspect was arrested before being placed in the back of an ambulance which left the scene on blue lights and under a police escort.

A Spokesperson for Warwickshire Police confirmed the suspect had now been arrested and the situation was over.

“Specialist firearms officers and police negotiators, along with fire, ambulance and police air services, attended the location at the bowling alley in St David’s Way, Bermuda Park. A man has been arrested and is in police custody.

“Members of public at the bowling alley and neighbouring properties were evacuated to safety and nobody was injured during the incident.

“Warwickshire Police Chief Superintendent Alex Franklin-Smith said: “We would like to thank local people for their patience and cooperation while officers dealt with this incident. We are pleased that we were able to bring this incident to a peaceful resolution and that there were no injuries. I would like to reassure the Nuneaton community that the incident is unconnected to any terrorist activity.”

 

Let us know your views by tweeting @PoliceHour We'll feature the best tweets within the article.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading
Advertisement

News

Kingsbury Shooting three taken to hospital

Published

on

Three people have been injured following a shooting outside of a busy London Tube Station.

Daily violent headlines about london’s out of control bloodbath are hitting the headlines.

Emergency services rushed to the incident on Kingsbury High Road, Brent at around 9:45pm.

The incident is not terror related and is being treat as a gang related incident.

Twitter was flooded with reports and images of a shooting at the location.

No arrests have been made in relation to the incident.

A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said: “Police and London Ambulance Service were alerted at around 2145hrs on Monday, 20 August, to reports of shots fired in Kingsbury Road, NW9.

“Officers from Brent attended the location along with London Ambulance Service.

London Ambulance Service spokesperson said: “We were called at 9.43 to reports of an incident on Kingsbury Road.

“We dispatched a number of resources including the London Air Ambulance by road.

“Three patients were found at the scene and they were taken to hospital.”

Let us know your views by tweeting @PoliceHour We'll feature the best tweets within the article.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

News

Rude note left on Ambulance while paramedics deal with an emergency

Published

on

Paramedics have returned to their Ambulance to find a rude note on the windscreen claiming they waited 45 minutes for their drive to be unblocked.

If you need to leave your house urgently please come and knock on the door of the house where the emergency is happening, and if we can we will move the Ambulance.

Have you been angered by an emergency service vehicle blocking your drive?

The Paramedics returned to their ambulance in Leicester and were urged to “have some consideration when parking?

Surely that is the last thing going through a Paramedics mind dealing with a 999 call out, oh let’s wait a moment while we park this Ambulance more considerately while someone is laid moments from death on the floor when minutes matter in a life or death situation.

Paramedics dealing with an emergency in Leicester were left a note urging them to “have some consideration” about their parking.

The note “Please have some consideration where you park the ambulance!” the note said. “This is not the first time.”

East Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Trust criticised the “rude” note and said the crew parked as “considerately as possible” in the early hours of the morning.

Lee Brentnall, paramedic and ambulance operations manager for Leicestershire, said: “It is so disappointing to see that a rude note has yet again been left on one of our ambulances.

“This upsets our dedicated ambulance crews when they are trying to help our patients and do their job.

“Leaving a note will not resolve the situation as we are unlikely to see it until we are leaving in the ambulance to take the patient to a hospital or to go to our next job.”

Mr Brentnall added: “Our crews are approachable. If you genuinely need to leave your house urgently and we are blocking your access, please come and knock on the door where the emergency is taking place.

“Sometimes we will be able to move the vehicle, for example, if we are treating a patient but they do not need both of us there at the time.

What did our Twitter followers say? 

Karen Canner tweeted Police Hour saying “We moved our car and invited an ambulance to park on our drive to easier reach our neighbour who was in need and had a skip on her driveway. would anyone be angry at a person having a medical emergency being helped? i just don’t get it.”

Silent Running said I cannot understand the mentality of people complaining, i’m sure they’d be all for it if they were the ones being saved, the selfish, non-empathetic bastards

You can block my entrance or back passage anytime

Rachel said “Erm yeah no I havnt and wouldn’t even if my car was stuck I’d wait they’d not do it unless they had no choice”

Well to be fair what kind of person would actually be angered by an ambulance blocking them in, Have we really lost the basic ability to communicate.

 

 

Let us know your views by tweeting @PoliceHour We'll feature the best tweets within the article.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

News

Man hunt as women attacked by stranger in London believed to be suffering mental health crisis

Published

on

Update: Arrested on suspension of attempted murder.

Police urgently want to speak to Joe Xuereb who is wanted after a stranger attacked two women, they are both fighting for their life.

Joe Xuereb must not be approached he is highly dangerous, after an unprovoked random attack on two women in the street.

The two women are fighting for their lives after being attacked in the street by a stranger, and Joe Xuereb is currently a suspect and wanted by police in relation to the incident.

Xuereb is believed to have been suffering from serious mental health issues and members of the public should not approach him he is aged 27 and from Greenwich, southeast London.

The women were targeted in a “horrific” attack in Adderley Gardens in Greenwich on Sunday.

Officers were called at 12.10pm to find the victims, aged 30 and 64, suffering from injuries “consistent with a violent assault”.

Let us know your views by tweeting @PoliceHour We'll feature the best tweets within the article.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement
Advertisement

Facebook

Trending