Connect with us

News

Terminally ill Charlie Gard sadly​ dies in hospice

Published

on

It is with great sadness we announce the death of Charlie Gard, aged 11 months. He has sadly died following a battle with a rare genetic disease.

We would like to send our thoughts to Connie Yates and Chris Gard.

Charlie was born a healthy baby on 4th August last year, Charlie then developed a rare genetic disease which became terminal.

stream_img-3

He gained the support of The Pope and US President Donald Trump who both offered to help Charlie.

The Courts within the UK blocked a move to allow the treatment in the United States by agreeing with Doctors that keeping him on life support was not in the baby’s best interest.

His mother and father did not agree with this and raised 1.3 Million to pay for his treatment in the US and fought a high-profile legal battle on 24th July.

Yesterday it was agreed by a High Court Judge has decided on the exact details of how Charlie Gard’s life will be ended.

After all hope of experimental treatment faded due to the missed window of opportunity, a Judge has now denied the family their last wishes to spend a number of days with Charlie at home.

It has been decided that Charlie will die very quickly after being moved to a hospice and having his life-saving treatment withdrawn which has been approved by a High Court Judge.

Mr Justice Framcis approved a timetable that will govern the final moments of Charlie’s life who is not expected to reach his first Birthday.

Chris Gard and Connie Yates parents of Charlie disagreed with doctors from Great Ormond Street Hospital over how long he should now receive his life-support treatment for.

Medics believe he should be moved to a hospice within days and then shortly after his arrival life-support treatment should end.

His Parents after focusing their time on a long legal battle want to be able to spend some time with him and believe his life-support should be extended for 2 to 3 days.

Great Ormond Street said it deeply regrets “that profound and heartfelt differences” between Charlie’s doctors and his parents “have had to be played out in court over such a protracted period”.

Ms Yates said that the hospital had “denied us our final wish”.

Our thoughts are with Chris and Connie at this extremely difficult time.

Their final wish of spending just two more days with Charlie was declined and the machine was sadly turned off today.

 

Comments

comments

Continue Reading
Advertisement

News

Girl aged 8 who was stabbed to death named as Mylee Billingham

Published

on

A little girl who was tragically stabbed to death has been named as 8-year-old Mylee Billingham.

Police responded to a domestic related incident near Walsall and sadly discovery Mylee seriously injured.

Despite frantic efforts by police, paramedics and doctors nothing could be done to save Mylee.

Cops immediately arrested a man aged 54 in connection with her murder.

Sadly Mylee was found with life threatening injuries at a property in Brownhills, near Walsall, on Saturday night, and died a short time later in hospital.

West Midlands Police said the man was also taken to hospital with a stab wound to the stomach.

The 54-year-old man who was arrested remains in a “critical” condition and will Be question “in due course” in relation to the murder of 8 year old Mylee.

Officers are not looking for anyone else in connection with Mylee’s death.

Our thoughts are with Mylee’s family and friends at this difficult time.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

News

Girl 8 stabbed to dead in Walsall, West Midlands

Published

on

Police have launched a murder investigation after an 8 year old girl was stabbed to death near Walsall.

A 54-year-old man has been arrested following the attack overnight in Brownhills.

Cops responded to a 999 call at 9.15pm to reports of a disturbance at the address on arrival they found a girl with serious injuries.

She was rushed to hospital but sadly nothing could be done to save her this girls injuries were too serious and she died a short time later.”

The 54-year-old man was also taken to hospital and treated for a stab wound to his stomach.

Detective Inspector Jim Colclough, from the homicide unit, said: “We are treating this as a domestic incident and are not looking for anyone else in connection with the child’s death.

“Our family liaison team are supporting the family of the little girl, who are naturally devastated by her death. Our thoughts remain with them.”

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

News

Parents warned after hooded man follows and grabs second child in 24 hours

Published

on

Chilling CCTV footage has been released of what is believed to be an attempted abduction of a schoolgirl aged 11 just 24 hours after another school girl reported that she was approached and grabbed by a man as she walked to school in north Manchester.

Police are linking both incidents are warning parents to remain vigilant after a second child was grabbed walking to school.

CCTV footage shows a young girl being approached by a stranger in the street, police have now launched an investigation after the girl was followed and grabbed.

The girl managed to fight off the man and break free before she raised the alarm on Acre Top Road. She escaped unharmed.

The incident happened at 8.30am on Wednesday, January 10th as the girl walked to school. Police are also investigating another incident in which another schoolgirl was grabbed near Sainsbury’s on Middleton Road by the Heaton Park roundabout, was also reported the day before, the school said.

Crab Lane Primary School, in Higher Blackley, released a letter to parents warning that a stranger had attempted to grab a school girl on her way into school ‘The matter was reported to police immediately and the child was able to give a good description,’ the letter from headteacher Pat Adams said.

‘The police have informed us that a similar incident occurred near the Sainsbury’s, by the Heaton Park roundabout, the day before. ‘The police suspect that the two incidents are connected, given the short distance between them and the fact that both girls gave a similar description of the man in question.

‘As of yet, the police have not located this man. Therefore, please take extra precautions to remind your children of ‘stranger danger’ and the importance of being vigilant when on the streets without an adult.’

Police have said the suspect is described as a white man of slim build aged in his 30s he has blond hair and a blue jacket.

Thankfully both children managed to break free, Police are now warning parents to be on their guard and request that children walk in groups of two on their way to and from school.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Facebook

Trending