Connect with us

News

Grenfell Tower possible Corporate Manslaughter charges

Published

on

Police Pay

Police investigating the Grenfell Tower fire believe there is “reasonable grounds’ to suspect that corporate manslaughter may have been committed.

Police have told survivors and relatives of those who sadly died that Kensington and Chelsea Council and the Kensington and Chelsea Tenant Management Organisation may have committed the offence.

We know so far 80 people have killed in the blaze at Grenfell Tower a 24-storey block of flats in west London on June 14.

Many more deaths have yet to be confirmed with forensic officers still combing the site to identify possible further deaths. The challenge they face is that the inferno was so intense that forensic officers will struggle to find the remains of any further possible bodies and that there was not a true record of exactly who was within the tower.

The Metropolitan Police released a letter addressed to the residents and confirmed senior figures from the council and the management organisation faced being interviewed.

The letter said: “We have seized a huge amount of material and taken a large number of witness statements.

“After an initial assessment of that information, the officer leading the investigation has today notified Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea and the Kensington and Chelsea Tenant Management Organisation that there are reasonable grounds to suspect that each organisation may have committed the offence of corporate manslaughter under the Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act 2007.”

“In due course, a senior representative of each corporation will be formally interviewed by police in relation to the potential offence.

“This interview will not take place immediately ​since it is important that all relevant facts and information have been gathered before any such interview is conducted.”

“simply an update on the investigation so far”, adding: “The content of this note should not be taken to conclude that the identified offences and organisations are the only offences, organisations or individuals that are being investigated.”

Comments

comments

Continue Reading
Advertisement

News

Verne Troyer has tragically died aged just 49

Published

on

Verne Troyer who was know for his role in Mini-Me within the Austin Powers films has tragically died today.

Verne had made it public that he was struggling with alcoholism & depression leading up to his death.

On April 3rd Verne was rushed to hospital following suspected alcohol poisoning. A friend contacted police after a call from Verne who appeared to be very upset, drunk and feeling suicidal.

His agent has released a statement requesting thoughts and prayers for Verne at a difficult time.

“Asking you to keep Verne in your thoughts and prayers. He’s getting the best care possible and is resting comfortably.

“Appreciate the support from family, friends, and fans around the world. We will keep you updated here.”

Our thoughts are with the family and friends of Verne.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

News

Cops catch gang of criminals leaving Hartlepool in stolen cars

Published

on

Recently in Hartlepool there has been an increase in criminals targeting Ford Fiesta cars, because criminals have a device that gets them into the car without the need for a key.

Over recent months up to Three Fiesta at a time have been going missing.

This morning the gang was at it again but this tome they didn’t count on the CDSOU A Relief who this morning recovered not 1; not 2 but 3 Stolen Ford Fiesta motor cars all attempting to leave Hartlepool containing suspected travelling criminals.

Police said “One of the vehicles unfortunately lost control and crashed while the other 2 vehicles had their front tyres stung and limped to a stop with one of the vehicle’s going the wrong way onto the A19 which was stopped by an unmarked vehicle. The driver was detained after a short foot chase and with the assistance of dog section 2 more males were also detained from another vehicle.

“Offences these males were arrested on suspicion of were theft of motor vehicle; drink driving; drug driving; dangerous driving; fail to stop for Police; no insurance and no licence.”

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

News

TV Presenter Dale Winton Dies Aged 62

Published

on

Dale Winton who was best known for his game show Supermarket Sweep and In It To Win it has tragically died aged 62z

His agent has this evening confirmed the very sad news that Winton has lost his life.

No further details around Winton’s death have been released and it is requested that his family are offered privacy at this very tragic time.

His long-term agent Jan Kennedy said:

It is with great sadness that we can confirm the passing of Dale Winton who died at home earlier today.

While we know many will share this terrible loss, we ask that you respect the family’s privacy at this time of grief.

A number of tributes have been left on Twitter

Winton started his career as a DJ in London and he was soon hosting his own show on local radio.

This lead Winton to joining the BBC Bristol to present Pet Watch for BBC One.

Over the years he also worked for Channel 4 ITV and on BBC One’s national lottery show.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Facebook

Trending