Connect with us

News

Charlie Gard’s parents end their legal battle

Published

on

The parents of terminally-ill baby Charlie Gard have this afternoon ended their legal challenge to take him to the US for experimental treatment.

A lawyer representing Chris Gard and Connie Yates told the High Court that “time had run out” for the baby.

stream_img-3

Grant Armstrong said Charlie’s parents had made the decision after a US doctor said it was too late to give him nucleoside therapy.

They had raised £1.3m to take the 11-month-old abroad for treatment.

Charlie Gard aged 10-months-old and suffers a rare genetic condition, he is brain damaged and has been on life support since October.

His Parents Chris Gard and Connie Yates have now cancelled their legal battle lost after new evidence came to light.

They had previously lost their legal battle to take the youngster to America for experimental treatment.

The Judges at the European court agreed today that the majority of them would not hear the case which would be their “final” decision meaning Charlie’s life support will be turned off.

They said that they believe the British courts have made the right decision when they found that the baby Charlie should be allowed to “die with dignity”.

Judges have now also lifted the interim court order which required to keep him on life support at the Great Ormond Street Hospital while the case was being considered.

Sadly this marks the road of the end of a legal battle and Charlie’s support machine will sadly be switched off.

Specialists who have been looking after Charlie believed his life support machine should be stopped because the proposed US treatment had no realistic chance of success and the baby was probably in constant pain and suffering.

Charlie’s parents argued that doctors had overstated the extent of their son’s condition and that he should be allowed a chance of treatment and a life.

US President Donald Trump had offered to fly Charlie to the United States for treatment​ while the Pope also offered treatment​.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading
Advertisement

News

Police searching for a missing schoolgirl have found a body in a river.

Published

on

Police had launched an appeal to find 11-year-old Ursula Keogh from Halifax, who was last seen on Monday afternoon.

Although formal identification has yet to take place, her family have been told about the discovery of the body in the River Calder at Paris Gates in Halifax.

In a statement, West Yorkshire Police said: “Inquiries will remain ongoing to determine a cause of the death, however, at this stage, it is not believed there are any suspicious circumstances.”

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

News

Dad arrested after Mylee Billingham aged 8 stabbed to death

Published

on

Eight-year old Mylee Billingham was stabbed to death in her own home, Her father has been arrested on suspicion of murder.

Mylee was found with serious stab injuries and rushed to Hospital, but died a short time later.

Her father Bill Billingham aged 54 is a murder suspect in the case, he has been arrested he remains in a critical condition after attempts failed to take his own life.

Police say they are not looking for anyone else in relation to the murder.

He is under a police guard after he was discovered with a stab wound to his stomach and will have to undergo surgery.

Police officers responding to a domestic incident were called to a house in Brownhills near Walsall in West Mindlands at 9.15pm on Saturday.

 

Her father uploaded a photo of Mylee to his Facebook profile just before emergency services were alerted to the tragedy.

The post was captioned with the words “Pitza on bed Iv Moo x.”

The girl was pictured on her bed smiling with two plates of pizza in front of her, Moments later she was murdered.

A post-mortem examination will take place later to establish the exact cause of Mylee’s death.

West Midlands Police said Billingham is yet to be questioned by officers due to his condition.

 

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

News

Girl aged 8 who was stabbed to death named as Mylee Billingham

Published

on

A little girl who was tragically stabbed to death has been named as 8-year-old Mylee Billingham.

Police responded to a domestic related incident near Walsall and sadly discovery Mylee seriously injured.

Despite frantic efforts by police, paramedics and doctors nothing could be done to save Mylee.

Cops immediately arrested a man aged 54 in connection with her murder.

Sadly Mylee was found with life threatening injuries at a property in Brownhills, near Walsall, on Saturday night, and died a short time later in hospital.

West Midlands Police said the man was also taken to hospital with a stab wound to the stomach.

The 54-year-old man who was arrested remains in a “critical” condition and will Be question “in due course” in relation to the murder of 8 year old Mylee.

Officers are not looking for anyone else in connection with Mylee’s death.

Our thoughts are with Mylee’s family and friends at this difficult time.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Facebook

Trending