Connect with us

Teesside

Second boy arrested after Hartlepool Blaze

Published

on

Cleveland Police have arrested a second school boy in relation to a fire at Rift House School in Hartlepool.

Police launched a criminal investigation into the circumstances surrounding a fire at the school on Sunday.

On Monday officers arrested a boy aged 13 and today they confirmed a second boy had been arrested and released on police bail in relation to the fire.

A spokesperson for Cleveland Police said “A second boy has been arrested on suspicion of arson following a fire at Rift House Primary School in Hartlepool which happened on Sunday 7th May.

“The 14-year-old boy was arrested this morning and has since been released from custody with no bail conditions.”

A 13-year-old boy was also arrested yesterday and he was also released from custody with no bail conditions.

Emergency Services closed a number of roads in Hartlepool as a major incident was declared at the school on Sunday.

img_5832-1

It is believed the fire started in the nursery area of the building On Sunday the 7th May, Fire crews managed to stop the fire spreading to the main School.

Six Fire engines responded to the incident from all over the Teesside area including Middlesbrough and Thornaby.

When crews arrived the building was well alight and the priority was to prevent the fire from spreading.

img_5842

Enquiries are ongoing in relation to the fire and officers would continue to appeal for witnesses to the incident to contact Cleveland Police on the non-emergency number Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Let us know your views by tweeting @PoliceHour We'll feature the best tweets within the article.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading
Advertisement

News

Update: Hartlepool School Children warned to be vigilant

Published

on

A School in Hartlepool has today warned parents and school children to be vigilant following a suspicious incident at the school fence.

Eldon Grove Academy sent a message to parents warning that whilst children were in the playground at lunch time a man approached the fence and spoke to one of the children.

It’s reported that the man approached and offered children ice lollies at Ward Jackson Primary School in Hartlepool.

While someone in a red Volvo was driving suspiciously when a member of staff approached the car drove away erratically.

A spokesman for Ward Jackson Primary School has told Police Hour “Yesterday lunchtime a man tried to engage in conversation with a pupil who was securely inside the school perimeter fence.

“The safety of our pupils and community is paramount and we immediately notified the police and have notified our parents and urged them to be vigilant.”

 

A spokesman for Hartlepool Borough Council told Police Hour: “The safety of children in Hartlepool is our top priority, and as soon as the school made us aware, we notified our other schools as a precaution.”

Let us know your views by tweeting @PoliceHour We'll feature the best tweets within the article.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

News

Hartlepool School Children warned to be vigilant

Published

on

A School in Hartlepool has today warned parents and school children to be vigilant following a suspicious incident at the school fence.

Eldon Grove Academy sent a message to parents warning that whilst children were in the playground at lunch time a man approached the fence and spoke to one of the children.

It’s reported that the man approached and offered children ice lollies at Greatham Church of England School in Hartlepool.

While someone in a red Volvo was driving suspiciously when a member of staff approached the car drove away erratically.

Greatham Church of England School in Hartlepool also warned parents “We have been notified that a man has approached a local school offering children an ice lolly, please stay vigilant.”

Cleveland Police have not commented on the incident.

Let us know your views by tweeting @PoliceHour We'll feature the best tweets within the article.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

News

Naked runner who terrified over 40 women caught by discarded till receipt

Published

on

A NAKED runner who targeted dozens of young women has been caught after determined beat officers used a discarded shopping receipt to track him down.

Over the last few weeks, the serial flasher has been targeting women on the riverbanks in Durham City.

But a discarded till receipt for a packet of Haribo found at the scene eventually helped officers trace an 18-year-old suspect, who was arrested and has now admitted his guilt.

Since April, around a dozen women reported that a man, naked except for his running shoes, had been seen on the riverside footpaths between Durham Rowing Club and the Maiden Castle sports complex.

Police believed that he was waiting for lone women, many of them joggers using the popular riverside routes, before emerging from his hidden vantage point and indecently exposing himself.

Although a dozen women, aged from their late teens to their 40s, reported the flasher, police believe there may have been many more incidents which went unreported.

Durham City Police carried out a series of operations, including plain clothes patrols in which female officers posed as joggers to lure the suspect out.

But the breakthrough came when one of the tenacious officers found a place on the parapet of a disused railway bridge which the culprit used to spot his victims coming.

An empty sweet packet and shop receipt found nearby allowed officers to scour CCTV footage from the store and pinpoint the moment that the sweets were bought, giving them an image of a suspect which matched the description given by the victims.

Officers were then able to trace the suspect to a city centre address, where he was arrested and admitted all the offences.

The man has since been admitted to Checkpoint, a four-month intervention programme to deal with his behaviour.

Sergeant Kay Howarth, of Durham City Police, said: “This was quite an unusual case because the riverside in Durham is usually such a safe place and is visited by families all the time, which made us all the more determined to catch him.

“It must have been very alarming for these women to have a stranger jump out at them while they were simply out enjoying a run.

“We would like to thank all those who rang in to report this man and for all those local runners who helped with our investigation.

“Our officers were determined to find this man and we will continue to work to make sure Durham is a safe place for everyone”.

Let us know your views by tweeting @PoliceHour We'll feature the best tweets within the article.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement
Advertisement

Facebook

Trending