Connect with us

News

Six men released without charge following allegation of attack on woman

Published

on

Six men who were arrested in connection with an alleged serious assault on a woman have been released without charge.

The incident which happened at a house in Peel Street, Sunderland in which a 26-year-old woman claimed she had been attacked overnight between Saturday, September 3 and Sunday, September 4.

During the investigation, the attack victim waived her anonymity and publically spoke out following the attack.

A spokesman for Northumbria Police said: “At the time six men were arrested and since the incident detectives carried out extensive enquiries into the assault.

“Earlier this year, the case was submitted to the Crown Prosecution Service for a decision, it was found the case of five men did not meet the threshold for a charging decision from the CPS. The file against one man was reviewed for a decision by prosecutors on whether or not the man would be charged.

“The CPS have reviewed the case and have informed police the man will not face any charges. All of the six men arrested have now been released with no further action.”

Superintendent Paul Milner said: “Our utmost priority is the victim and making sure she has the full support she needs. “We know it takes great courage to come forward and report incidents like this to police and would like to offer our reassurance we have officers who are specially trained to deal with the sensitivities of incidents of this nature.

“A full and thorough investigation has been carried out by specially trained, dedicated and experienced detectives who have spent considerable time pulling together the facts to submit to the crown prosecution service.

“Our investigation remains open and if any further information does come to light this will be fully investigated.”

A CPS Spokesperson told Police Hour that “On 24 March, the CPS received a file of evidence in relation to an attack alleged to have taken place at an address in Peel Street, Sunderland on Sunday 4 September last year.

“After careful consideration, we have decided that no further action should be taken against the individual suspect for whom we were asked to make a charging decision by police.

“In this case, there was insufficient evidence to provide a realistic prospect of conviction, in accordance with the evidential test set out in the Code for Crown Prosecutors.”

Comments

comments

Continue Reading
Advertisement

News

Jon Venables Reportedly Attacked With Boiling Water By Fellow Inmate

Published

on

Jon Venables attacked with boiling water by a fellow inmate. 

Jon Venables, one of the schoolboys who murdered James Bulger in 1993 has been attacked in prison after an image was released on social media.

Venables who is now aged 35 was attacked with boiling water and sugar after a fellow inmate managed to work out his identity.

Venables have been living under a fake name since 2001 and was sent back to jail having broken the conditions of his release and being found guilty of child pornography.

Venables was banned from travelling back to Liverpool but he had been attending music events and going to Everton Football matches.

He was later found to be in possession of cocaine and was also having a relationship with an underage girl.

Prison Officers were forced to place Venables on lockdown after his identity was revealed and he was attacked with boiling water and sugar.

it is alleged that Venables complained that guards did nothing at first to stop the attack from happening and offered him little help once he had been assaulted.

The Ministry of Justice confirmed to Police Hour that “incidents of this nature happen within prisons and we cannot discuss the nature of individual cases”

Now that the true identity of Venables is known within side the prison after images have been circulated among inmates it will be inevitable that another attack will happen.

Venables is currently serving a three-year sentence for child pornography offences and possession of 1,170 images of children which included babies.

It is believed inmates have been circulating images of Venables from prison to prison in the hope that one prisoner can identity him.

Facebook and Twitter this month removed images from their social media websites of various men who people claimed was Venables.

It is a criminal offence to name or identity Venables on social media due to an anonymity order granted in 2001 that prevents him from ever being named or identified.

Due to the nature of his repeat offending there is mounting pressure to scrap that order in order to prevent further children being targeted.

However due to the nature of Venables sick attack these orders are likely never to be removed.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

News

Two year old boy and woman aged 31 killed in Warwickshire Motorway crash

Published

on

A Two-year-old boy and a woman aged 31 have sadly died in a crash between a car and a lorry as they left a motorway in Warwickshire.

Tragically both victims were travelling in a blue Nissan Qashqai when the incident happened at 10.30pm on Saturday night.

A six-year-old girl and a man aged 35 were also within the car both were injured and taken to hospital, their condition is no believed to be serious and they are stable.

The car was exiting the M6 at Junction 1 heading onto the A426 near Churchover.

Police have now launched an appeal to trace anyone who witnessed the crash.

Inspector Andrew Bennett said: “This is a tragic incident and our thoughts are with the families of the deceased at this time. Despite the attempts of other drivers and paramedics, the woman and boy were declared dead at the scene.

“We will have officers at the scene today (Sunday) as we continue to investigate how this collision happened.

“There is likely to be some disruption in the area while we investigate. I would like to thank local people for their support and patience.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

News

Steve White claimed £12K of Police Fed members money on posh travel, fancy meals and luxury hotels

Published

on

Steve White the former chair of the Police Federation in England and Wales (PFEW) who once claimed that he stopped the fed drinking away fed membership and funds has claimed over £12,000 in expenses on his corporate credit card in his final three months.

In total White claimed £12,573 of Police Federation membership fee’s almost ten times the amount claimed by his vice chair Calum Macleod, general secretary Andy Fittes and deputy general secretary Andy Ward.

White spent the money during his last three months as PFEW Chair, during his appointment he promised that he would cut fed spending and would make the finances more transparent ensuring national officers were more accountable for spending.

White claimed £2,020 for hospitality, £3,915 for travel and £5,945 for accommodation between October 1st and December 31st.

All the payments were made using a PFEW issued credit card and auditors have now asked for some of those costs back which have been incurred under its expenses and hospitality policy.

White has now taken up a role with the College of Policing and becomes the organisation’s first ever license to practice manager.

A PFEW spokesperson said: “Federation officers and staff are entitled to claim reasonable expenses, provided they are receipted and represent Federation work.

“Every expense claimed is required to have an explanation as to what the spend is for, and any spend must be in line with the policy.

“Any claimed expense that is considered to be outside the policy becomes a personal expense and the Federation is reimbursed by the individual.”

The payments are understood to have been made using a credit card issued to him by the PFEW.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Facebook

Trending