Connect with us

News

Puppy wrapped in bag and set on fire in Newcastle

Published

on

Police are appealing for information after the body of a dog was found in Newcastle.

At around 4pm on Wednesday afternoon (March 15) police received a report from the fire service of a fire in some woods to the rear of Mead Walk in the Walker area of the city.

Officers attended and found the body of a puppy. It is believed the dog had been wrapped in a bin bag and the bag had been set alight.

It is believed the puppy had already died when the bag was set alight and a joint investigation between police and the RSPCA is now underway to establish the circumstances around the incident.

Northumbria Police Neighbourhood Inspector, Paul Duncan, has appealed for any witnesses to get in touch if they saw anyone acting suspiciously in the area yesterday afternoon.

He said: “This incident took place in the middle of the day and we believe members of the public in the area would have seen those responsible.

“It is a very distressing incident and we need to understand what has happened to this young dog.

“A joint investigation is ongoing with the RSPCA to establish the circumstances behind the incident and we are appealing for witnesses.

“An incident like this is likely to cause anger and distress to our local communities and I want to reassure local residents that we are treating this matter seriously”.

“If anyone has any information that may help our investigation then we would ask them to get in touch by calling us on 101.”

RSPCA inspector Cathy Maddison said a vet had examined the remains of the dog and found a microchip that has led investigators to believe the dog was a three-year-old Shih Tzu called Charlie.

She said: “This is a really shocking and upsetting discovery. The fire service were called yesterday, but they had no idea the horror they would discover once the fire was put out.

“At this stage we don’t know whether the dog was alive or not when the body was set on fire, which is horrific.

“A vet has examined the remains and it seems that the dog is an entire male Shih Tzu crossbreed, approximately three years old, with cream and tan markings.

He did have a microchip which tells us his name was Charlie, but unfortunately it does not have any further details.

“There are still many unanswered questions and we are keen to find out what happened, so we are asking anybody with any information to contact us or the police as soon as possible.”

Station Manager Jeff Boath, Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service, said: “This was initially reported as a fence on fire. However, on extinguishing the fire it was discovered that a small dog had been set on fire inside a plastic bag.

It is believed that the dog was deceased prior to the fire being started.”

Anyone who saw anyone acting suspiciously in the area on Wednesday afternoon, or has information that may help police, should call officers on 101 quoting log 690 15/03/17 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

They can contact the RSPCA on 0300 123 8018, leaving a message for Inspector Maddison.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading
Advertisement

News

Woman arrested for driving stolen mobility scooter in reckless manner

Published

on

Police in Hartlepool came across an unusual incident while on a routine patrol of the town centre.

The Hartlepool Neighbourhood Police team managed to stop a stolen mobility scooter, now we aren’t too sure if a pursuit was given but if there was we are sure the footage would be unreal.

And we are fairly sure those cops responding to the incident won’t hear the end of this one back in the parade room for the next couple of years.

Anyways getting back to the story because this is, after all, a very serious incident, officers have described it as ‘one of the strangest jobs they’ve dealt with’.

Not only had the woman stole the mobility scooter she could not even drive it. Police Say she was spotted driving the Scooter in a reckless manner while under the influence of alcohol.

Cops managed to get their hands on her and lock her up but now they have the job of finding out whos scooter it is.

The cops admitted this was Perhaps one of the strangest jobs officers have dealt with in recent times.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

News

Boy aged five dies after crossing the road in Bournemouth

Published

on

Officers are appealing for witnesses to come forward following a fatal collision in Bournemouth in which a young boy has sadly died after he crossed the road.

Police Hour is unable to speculate on whether or not the child was out walking the streets alone, Police have not confirmed these details.

What we can confirm

At 3.54pm today, Wednesday 13 December 2017, Dorset Police was called to reports of a very serious collision involving a black Vauxhall Corsa and a five-year-old boy as he crossed Naseby Road.

The boy, from Bournemouth, sustained a serious head injury and was taken to Poole Hospital. Very sadly he died a short time later. His parents have been informed and the coroner notified.

The driver of the car, a local woman aged in her 20s, was shaken but uninjured.

The road is closed while emergency services deal with the incident and collision investigators examine the scene.

Police appeal for anyone with dashcam footage to come forward

Police Sergeant Joe Pardey, of the traffic unit, said: “It is with great sadness for me to say that this young boy died from the injuries he sustained in the collision. Our thoughts are with all his family and friends.

“I am appealing to anyone who witnessed the collision and has yet to speak to officers to please contact Dorset Police.

“I would ask anybody who was in the area at the time to consider any dashcam or CCTV footage they may have which could assist us in our investigation.”

Anyone with information is asked to contact Dorset Police at www.dorset.police.uk, via email at [email protected] or by calling 101, quoting incident number 13:269. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

News

87-year-old Arthur was beaten and robbed in his own home sadly dies

Published

on

Arthur who was aged 87 was badly beaten and robbed in his own home has sadly lost his life in hospital following the horrific ordeal he experienced.

Arthur ‘Bob” Gumbley was attacked in his own home in Endwood Drive, Sutton Coldfield on November 21st.

He was found laid in a pool of blood on the floor, he was black and blue having been punched and kicked in the face.

He was rushed to the Good Hope Hospital where he was receiving treatment to his chest, neck, arms and face.

Arthur before the attack was in really good health, sadly his condition deteriorated last week and he sadly passed away on Monday 11 December.

Senior Investigating Officer, Detective Inspector Dan Ison, said: “This was an horrific and despicable attack on a defenceless elderly man in his own home, which has now resulted in his untimely death and a murder investigation.

“I am appealing for the support of the public to assist us in bringing those responsible to justice. Therefore, I make a plea to any person who may have any information, or who may be a witness to this terrible incident, to please make contact with us.

“Crimes of this nature cannot go unpunished, and I want to reassure Arthur’s family that every effort is now being made to bring those responsible to justice. They are being supported by specially trained officers, and I would ask that their privacy is respected at this sad time to allow them to grieve.

“The robbery is believed to have taken place between 7 pm and 9 pm when thieves ransacked the house and stole items of jewellery and cash, as well as a purse that belonged to Arthur’s late wife.”

Comments

comments

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Facebook

Trending