Connect with us

News

Children as young as five ringing helpline for bedtime story as parents too drunk! 

Published

on

Parents are getting that drunk children as young as five are ringing helplines so they can hear bedtime stories because their mammy and daddy are too drunk to tuck them into bed. 

Last year 32k children called the helpline. Some children call that often they keep their favourite story books are kept by the phones.

 The National Association for Children of Alcoholics (Nacoa) has revealed the shocking scale of things with so regularly their favourite story books are kept by the phones.

It’s believed there are 2.5 million children of alcoholics within the UK who are suffering in silence and being left to their own devices while mummy and daddy sit watching TV getting drunk and neglecting their children. 

Often children as young as five are being forced to put themselves to bed and call the help line. So far 33k kids have had bed time stories read to them. 

Hilary Henrqiues, the Nocoa charity’s chief executive, said on one occasion a counsellor had to help a five-year-old girl call 999 when her drug and alcohol addicted mother had locked herself in the bathroom overnight.

When paramedics arrived they found the woman had died.

In another shocking case a seven year old girl rang on Christmas Day after her parents got so drunk she hid under the bed on Christmas Day.

The girl was so scared and  had received no presents and wanted to hear a story about her imaginary friend named  a dog called Bruce.

If your suffering in silence please feel free to call the helpline on 08003583456 or visit NACOA online

Let us know your views by tweeting @PoliceHour We'll feature the best tweets within the article.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading
Advertisement

News

Women takes wrong turn at level crossing sparking police response

Published

on

A woman has brought Metro trains to a standstill after a woman took a wrong turn at a level crossing and drove on the tracks.

How on earth she managed to do that we will never know, despite the bumpy journey and being on a train track she continued her journey, Maybe she was taking a shortcut?.

Police raced to the scene and Trains were suspended causing delays between Newcastle Airport and Regent Centre after the car was spotted on the line at Kingston Park.

Nexus Rail worker Danny Usher has told Police Hour that an 89-year-old woman got confused and took a wrong turn and made a mistake,

“The lady was 89 years old the poor women got confused and made a mistake luckily nobody was hurt and the police have taken her licence off her for her own safety”

Police have said the driver had gotten lost and took a wrong turn onto the railway and was heading towards Bank Foot station before she stopped at the platform.

Police responded to the incident at 8.30pm and helped get the woman out of the car to safety.

The track has also been checked for any damage before trains resumed at 9.15pm.

Let us know your views by tweeting @PoliceHour We'll feature the best tweets within the article.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

News

Sunderland Doctor secretly took pictures of woman at stages of undress while seeing the DR

Published

on

A trusted doctor in Sunderland has been sentenced to 14 months in jail after secretly taking of pictures and videos of his patients.

Last month (July), Dr Thair Altaii, 55, was found guilty of three counts of voyeurism between 2008 and 2014.

The GP, of White Rocks Grove, Whitburn, was found to have more than 19,000 images of women on his laptop, some clothed and others in various stages of undress, after one of his patients raised concerns to police. A number of videos were also found on Altaii’s laptop and other equipment.

After being found guilty of all charges by a jury, Altaii was today (Tuesday, August 14)  back at Newcastle Crown Court as the judge sentenced him to 14 months’ imprisonment.

Detective Constable Lee Boys, of Northumbria Police, said: “Thair Altaii clearly abused his position of trust and caused inevitable distress to his victims, who were totally unaware of what he was doing.

“He must now deal with the consequences of his actions, having destroyed his own professional career and reputation.

“I would like to take this opportunity to thank his victims for the courage, determination and dignity they have shown throughout this investigation, and for their assistance at every step of the process.

“It is their bravery and willingness to inform police of Altaii’s suspicious behaviour that has resulted in his conviction, ensuring no more of his patients can become unwilling and unknowing victims.”

Altaii was arrested in August 2014 after a patient noticed two propped up mobile phones – one on his desk and another on a shelf overlooking the examination table – during an appointment and subsequently alerted police.

His laptop, along with other equipment, was subsequently seized by officers.

The doctor, who was suspended from his role after the allegations came to light, claimed the images were captured for his own assessment and training purposes.

He initially denied recording any of his patients without consent when first spoken to by police.

But during a later interview, he accepted recording nine medical consultations without permission of the patients or making them aware.

When shown some of the images recovered from his laptop, Altaii said they may have been produced automatically after filming appointments “for training reasons”.

The doctor pleaded not guilty to all charges at court and denied any of the images or videos were taken for sexual gratification.

Any patients who have concerns are asked to call 0800 464 0386 or 0330 041 2186.

Let us know your views by tweeting @PoliceHour We'll feature the best tweets within the article.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

News

Terror suspect not cooperating with police Assistant Commissioner says

Published

on

Met Police assistant commissioner Neil Basu is providing an update outside New Scotland Yard.

He says the suspect, who is yet to be formally identified, is “not currently cooperating” with officers.

He adds police cordons are “likely to be in place for some time” as the investigation continues.

Basu says there “wasn’t a police car in pursuit of the vehicle” prior to it crashing into a security barrier outside Parliament.

He adds: “I believe it was an ambulance on a completely unrelated call.”

Armed officers are currently dealing with an ongoing incident outside of Parliament.

A vehicle was involved in a collision and armed police quickly deployed to the scene.

The vehicle crashed into a crash barrier that is there to protect the Houses of Parliament.

Met Police have confirmed a number of people have been hurt and the male driver has been arrested

Armed police approached the vehicle after it crashed into barriers.

Police quickly cleared the area and put a cordon in place.

The nature of the incident is not yet clear.

An eye witness has told Police Hour that he saw the vehicle driving at speed hit the crash barrier, police did not approach the vehicle until specialist officers arrived.

Specialist officers armed forced the door open and then forced everyone back.

Again almost half an hour after the incident police have further extended the cordon.

Let us know your views by tweeting @PoliceHour We'll feature the best tweets within the article.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement
Advertisement

Facebook

Trending