Connect with us

News

Shocking footage shows heart wrenching hammer attack on female police officer

Published

on

Video footage has been released of the heart-wrenching moment three police officers are attacked with a hammer.

Police officers attending suspicious incident find a man hiding within a bin area, He is holding a hammer and immediately attacks the officers.

The female Police Officer screams as she is attacked with the hammer. They were dealing with a routine policing incident when they came under attack. Jamshid

Jamshid Piruz, 34, unemployed has now been sentenced to life at Hove Crown Court for various offences including two counts of attempted grievous bodily harm with intent.

It stems from a call police received on 7 January 2016 to report a man had been seen acting suspiciously in Stagelands, Langley Green.

Officers responded to a 999 call from a member of the public reporting that a man had been acting suspiciously.

Officers located him and he was carrying a hammer and hiding within a confined bin area.

The whole incident was captured on body worn video and show’s Piruz confront officers from where he is hiding.

He makes threats to the officers with the hammer. The cops deployed two Taser shots but it has no impact.

Officers withdrew the Tazer to ensure more space was created between them and the Piruz that they could ensure they could safely arrest the Piruz.

Piruz was subsequently charged with burglary, affray and two counts of attempted grievous bodily harm with intent. He pleaded guilty to these charges on 28 November and was sentenced on 13 January.

Piruz was given two life sentences for the attempted grievous bodily harm offences to run concurrently, for which he will serve a minimum of five years, as well as 9 months for the affray and 6 months for the burglary.

Speaking after the sentencing Detective Constable James Gwynne said: “This was a particularly violent incident and one which highlights the real risk our officers can face when they do their job.

“I would like to commend the arresting officers for their bravery and professionalism in apprehending Piruz.

“Piruz’s conviction would not have come about without the dedicated team of officers working throughout the investigation and I am pleased with the custodial sentence given.”

While assaults on officers do happen, Sussex Police’s commitment is to do everything we can to minimise the occurrence of these incidents and when they do happen, that they are dealt with, with the same level and care and focus that we would a member of the public.

We will not tolerate violence against officers and staff and we are committed to being robust in pursuing the offenders and bringing them to justice.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading
Advertisement

News

Girl aged 8 who was stabbed to death named as Mylee Billingham

Published

on

A little girl who was tragically stabbed to death has been named as 8-year-old Mylee Billingham.

Police responded to a domestic related incident near Walsall and sadly discovery Mylee seriously injured.

Despite frantic efforts by police, paramedics and doctors nothing could be done to save Mylee.

Cops immediately arrested a man aged 54 in connection with her murder.

Sadly Mylee was found with life threatening injuries at a property in Brownhills, near Walsall, on Saturday night, and died a short time later in hospital.

West Midlands Police said the man was also taken to hospital with a stab wound to the stomach.

The 54-year-old man who was arrested remains in a “critical” condition and will Be question “in due course” in relation to the murder of 8 year old Mylee.

Officers are not looking for anyone else in connection with Mylee’s death.

Our thoughts are with Mylee’s family and friends at this difficult time.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

News

Girl 8 stabbed to dead in Walsall, West Midlands

Published

on

Police have launched a murder investigation after an 8 year old girl was stabbed to death near Walsall.

A 54-year-old man has been arrested following the attack overnight in Brownhills.

Cops responded to a 999 call at 9.15pm to reports of a disturbance at the address on arrival they found a girl with serious injuries.

She was rushed to hospital but sadly nothing could be done to save her this girls injuries were too serious and she died a short time later.”

The 54-year-old man was also taken to hospital and treated for a stab wound to his stomach.

Detective Inspector Jim Colclough, from the homicide unit, said: “We are treating this as a domestic incident and are not looking for anyone else in connection with the child’s death.

“Our family liaison team are supporting the family of the little girl, who are naturally devastated by her death. Our thoughts remain with them.”

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

News

Parents warned after hooded man follows and grabs second child in 24 hours

Published

on

Chilling CCTV footage has been released of what is believed to be an attempted abduction of a schoolgirl aged 11 just 24 hours after another school girl reported that she was approached and grabbed by a man as she walked to school in north Manchester.

Police are linking both incidents are warning parents to remain vigilant after a second child was grabbed walking to school.

CCTV footage shows a young girl being approached by a stranger in the street, police have now launched an investigation after the girl was followed and grabbed.

The girl managed to fight off the man and break free before she raised the alarm on Acre Top Road. She escaped unharmed.

The incident happened at 8.30am on Wednesday, January 10th as the girl walked to school. Police are also investigating another incident in which another schoolgirl was grabbed near Sainsbury’s on Middleton Road by the Heaton Park roundabout, was also reported the day before, the school said.

Crab Lane Primary School, in Higher Blackley, released a letter to parents warning that a stranger had attempted to grab a school girl on her way into school ‘The matter was reported to police immediately and the child was able to give a good description,’ the letter from headteacher Pat Adams said.

‘The police have informed us that a similar incident occurred near the Sainsbury’s, by the Heaton Park roundabout, the day before. ‘The police suspect that the two incidents are connected, given the short distance between them and the fact that both girls gave a similar description of the man in question.

‘As of yet, the police have not located this man. Therefore, please take extra precautions to remind your children of ‘stranger danger’ and the importance of being vigilant when on the streets without an adult.’

Police have said the suspect is described as a white man of slim build aged in his 30s he has blond hair and a blue jacket.

Thankfully both children managed to break free, Police are now warning parents to be on their guard and request that children walk in groups of two on their way to and from school.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Facebook

Trending