A teenage boy was attacked on his first ever visit to Manchester. He was knocked unconscious in what we can only describe as a horrific attack by a gang of eight men.
He is punched and dragged along the street by his feet. During the attack, he attempts to flee into the safety of a local hotel.
Greater Manchester Police have said that the 18-year-old was left with three broken cheek bones as a result of the brutal attack on Portland Street, Manchester.
Cops have now released CCTV footage in hope that someone will come forward and name the people involved in this attack.
during the attack, he attempted to make his way into a local hotel however before the doors open one of the attackers comes up behind him and punches him in the face knocking him unconscious.
Pc Gareth Gardiner, from GMP’s City of Manchester Team, said: “This was a totally unprovoked and sickening attack on a young lad who had been at a concert in the city centre with two friends.”
The attack happened at 3.50am on Friday, December 16. His main attacker was Asian, aged around 20, wearing black jeans and a blue/grey jacket.
Anyone with information about the attack should call Greater Manchester Police on 0161 856 4275 or 101, quoting the reference 245333J/16.
Let us know your views by tweeting @PoliceHour We'll feature the best tweets within the article.