Connect with us


Brave Sunderland woman speaks out following kidnap, gang rape and brutal attack



Sunderland come out in support following the attack on Chelsey Wright

A brave mum from Sunderland has spoken out giving up her right to anonymity following alleged kidnap, gang rape, and brutal attack by six immigrants from Syria and Iraq. She simply does not want incidents like this to be pushed under the carpet.

Since we reported this The Six men arrested within this case have been released without charge. Due to this there are a number of details within the article we cannot reveal.

Following the event the people of Sunderland came together and supported Chelsey Wright following the attack in which she says she was spiked and then attacked by six men.

Chelsey has spoken out following her shock that the six people who attacked her are not on remand and free to walk the streets.

She reported to police that she was kidnapped, gang raped, and beaten in the early hours of 4th September 2016.

Sunderland come out in support following the attack on Chelsey who is a mum of three boys. Today she has taken to social media to set the record straight and tell people what she believes happened to her.

Being very family focused going out drinking is a very rare occasion for Chelsey, On September 3rd she decided to go out with her mum and friend.

Having had no pre-drinks she headed to Sunderland city centre completely sober heading to a number of places she had half a pint of cider and vodka.

They moved to another club where she ordered another drink after that they moved to a fourth pub were Chelsey does not remember ordering a drink or dancing around. She became separated from her mum and friend after having just four drinks.

Chelsey says on social media “the next thing I remember is waking up in a strange house with no memory of how she got there. Waking up in only her knickers to next to a man she did not know.”

Once she was awake she claims she attempted to leave the house and was instantly meet with violence. stating “My head was pinned against the door the door was locked and at this point, she screamed and kept screaming for help. She was locked in a room with a strange man.”

It is alleged that the man said “you’re not getting out” while laughing, and bashing my head against the door. He then went on to open the door. To let another Turkish looking man in. I struggled but I got out of that room.

Now free from the locked room she was kicked down a flight of stairs and dragged back up by her hair jn a struggle and a fight she managed to get to the bottom of the stairs and was greeted by 3 more men standing at the bottom.

She was then pinned against the wall by her arms and was told that her throat would be slit.

Chelsey says she does not know how she got out the house alive but she did. She ran as fast as she could screaming for help while they chased her. she discovered she had been in a bedsit on Peel Street in Sunderland.

Knowing the area now she was free from the house she found her uncle’s house and found safety.

He put her in the car to drive her home and bumped into her mum who had been searching the streets all night for her.

She returned home to her fiancee and their three children, they knew something wasn’t right she collapsed on the sofa and woke up around 11 am.

Covered from head to toe in bruises, lumps and burns she decided to contact the police as it was apparent she had been beaten up.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Knowing she had been unconscious for several hours police advised her to attend a Reach Sexual Assault Centre as they believed more had happened.

Following a full body medical check internal and the throat, rectum and vagina, bruises, cuts and burns measured and noted, fluid and DNA was collected. It was very clear to them what had happened that night.

Officers raided the bedsit the same day and they arrested 6 immigrant men from Syria and Iraq.

While she was waiting for her toxicology tests to come back officers had interviewed arrested and bailed these six men and placed them in a safe house within Sunderland.

After 8-10 weeks waiting the test results came back and it was found DNA and sperm were found from a number of men.

Members of the Sunderland community have support Chelsey and she cannot thank them enough.

Have you got a story we should be reporting then feel free to Send us a Message on the Police Hour Facebook page or Message us @PoliceHour on Twitter.



Continue Reading


Two Brothers killed hit-and-run named as Casper and Corey Platt-May



Two brothers who were tragically killed after a hit and run in Coventry have been named as Casper and Corey Platt-May aged two and six.

Police confirmed the death of the boys after being hit by a car in the Stoke area of the at 2pm on Thursday.

Both boys died after being rushed to the hospital, located near to the scene was a black Ford Focus with a smashed front windscreen and front right side.

The car was abandoned, officers quickly worked to locate any possible driver for the car and arrested a 53-year-old man and a 41-year-old woman who are both being held on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and drink driving.

Both boys were rushed to the local hospital with critical injuries, Sadly Casper aged could not be revived and died Emergency teams rushed Corey into surgery and did everything within their power during surgery to save his life. Sadly a short time later he died.

Both boys were with their mother at the time of the collision, but she was not injured.
Family and Friends have now launched a fundraising page to support the parents of Casper and Corey, Donations have already reached £3k.

Investigating Detective Sergeant Paul Hughes said: “Several witnesses have come forward and I am grateful to everyone who has spoken to us.

“Specialist family liaison officers are with the family, who are understandably distraught, and they are being kept fully updated.



Continue Reading


Two year old boy killed in hit and run his brother aged six fighting for his life



A two-year-old boy has tragically died following a hit and in in Coventry.

The baby boy and his six year old brother were hit by a car on MacDonald Road at around 2pm on Thursday February 22.

Both boys were rushed to hospital sadly the boy aged 5two died at the scene.

His older brother is fighting for his life in a critical condition.

Police found a black Ford Focus was found abandoned a short time after the crash.

A 22-year-old man and a 41-year-old woman have been arrested in connection with the death.

The road remains closed while emergency services are at the scene.

Detective Sergeant Paul Hughes, from the West Midlands Police’s collision investigation unit, said:

“We are still trying to establish how this tragic incident has happened and anyone who hasn’t yet spoken to an officer should call us on 101.

“This is a parent’s worst nightmare and it’s impossible to imagine their grief, but specialist officers will be supporting them as our investigation continues.”



Continue Reading


Hospital turn off life support machine because family couldn’t pay £7k bill



The family of British man have been left devastated and furious after an Egyptian hospital because staff switched off his life support without their permission.

Despite this the hospital claim Adrian King suffered cardiac arrest however his family have told the local courts it’s because they didn’t have the money to pay a £7k insurance bill.

Adrian aged 39 became ill while he was on holiday with his friend in Hurghada, on Egypt’s east coast.

All of a sudden he fell unconscious and was being treated in hospital, during his time in hospital it was discovered his insurance policy have been voided and they demanded an upfront payment while he laid on his death bed.

The inquest heard how the insurance was void as he had not declared a bacterial infection he had within his stomach two years before his holiday.

Adrian’s dad Charles Bumford told the hearing: “A man at the hospital stood in my son’s room and told me: ‘The insurance is null and void – you pay now or I switch off the machines.’

“I didn’t have the £7,000 ($9,800) he was asking for at that time. As he walked out of the room he started switching things off.”

Charles added that he tried contacting the hospital ’50 times’ but he never received an answer. The friend Adrian was with at the time, Nicola, was similarly confused by the situation occurring in the medical facility.

“They did the second dialysis and then said that the insurance was voided,” she told the inquest.

“They never said he had a cardiac arrest or anything, they said it was stopping, because the funding was stopped.”

Our thoughts are with the family of Adrian at this difficult time.



Continue Reading