Connect with us


Insightful look behind the scenes of Bedfordshire Police on the Tweet Beat #PoliceLive



Police Pay

Bedfordshire Police has been sharing some insightful tweets from behind the scenes to give members of the public an insight into policing and the types of calls the force attends.

During #PoliceLive Bedfordshire Police even live streamed police recruits taking the oath.

They began tweeting this morning and throughout the day shared the challenging situations that officers face along with the nicer community work the officers are doing.

Good news as a suspected of being involved in a domestic related incident was arrested.

Before lunch time the cells already had 17 people in custody waiting to be interviewed, bailed or remanded. Offences included drink driving, assault on a police officer, theft, fraud and possession of drugs.

Officers responded to reports of a woman being followed.

The police communications centre speaks to a caller to report emotional and physical abuse.

Reports that a number of people are drinking in the street and throwing a dead pigeon.

A number of people contact police to report a wandering swan.

Officers out in the community offering support and a friendly smile.

Over 234 calls taken so far, But what is the highest call volume relating too?

Officers responded to reports of a concern for safety. They work with the man’s carer to ensure he is safe.

A distressed woman has contact police for help after her ex-partner assaulted her.

A caller has abandoned a call for the third time in six minutes, Police to follow up to ensure the safety.

A woman worried about her friend she believes she could be at risk from her partner.

Someone has dialled 999 because a car is on their drive.

Officers respond on blue lights to reports of youths carrying batons.

New recruits just about to take their oath. As Beds Police welcomes them.

Chief Constable Jon Botcher welcomes the recruits and family about the importance of protecting people.

Police go live, This could be the first time this has happened (correct us if we are wrong).

While the recruits are sworn in operational policing continues as officers respond to reports of two children home alone.

Beds Police have taken 20 reports of domestic violence so far today

Call handlers have taken reports of a van that has crashed and left the scene.

Officers are out looking for a teenager who has gone missing for the second time today.

Please feel free to follow @Bedspolice on Twitter, They are live tweeting till 11PM.



Continue Reading


Hospital turn off life support machine because family couldn’t pay £7k bill



The family of British man have been left devastated and furious after an Egyptian hospital because staff switched off his life support without their permission.

Despite this the hospital claim Adrian King suffered cardiac arrest however his family have told the local courts it’s because they didn’t have the money to pay a £7k insurance bill.

Adrian aged 39 became ill while he was on holiday with his friend in Hurghada, on Egypt’s east coast.

All of a sudden he fell unconscious and was being treated in hospital, during his time in hospital it was discovered his insurance policy have been voided and they demanded an upfront payment while he laid on his death bed.

The inquest heard how the insurance was void as he had not declared a bacterial infection he had within his stomach two years before his holiday.

Adrian’s dad Charles Bumford told the hearing: “A man at the hospital stood in my son’s room and told me: ‘The insurance is null and void – you pay now or I switch off the machines.’

“I didn’t have the £7,000 ($9,800) he was asking for at that time. As he walked out of the room he started switching things off.”

Charles added that he tried contacting the hospital ’50 times’ but he never received an answer. The friend Adrian was with at the time, Nicola, was similarly confused by the situation occurring in the medical facility.

“They did the second dialysis and then said that the insurance was voided,” she told the inquest.

“They never said he had a cardiac arrest or anything, they said it was stopping, because the funding was stopped.”

Our thoughts are with the family of Adrian at this difficult time.



Continue Reading


Woman arrested after leaving move your vehicle note on ambulance attending 999 call



Police have taken a zero tolerance approach to a woman who left a note on an ambulance.

The note left paramedics disgusted police have now confirmed they have arrested a woman after the abusive note was left on an ambulance demanding it parked somewhere else while it was attending a 999 emergency call.

The note stated ‘I couldn’t give a s**t if the whole street collapsed”

The crew were also verbally abused while attending the emergency call while attempting to deal with an ongoing medical incident on Sunday afternoon.

Now a 26-year-old Tunstall woman has been arrested for public order offences.

Chief Inspector John Owen, commander of Staffordshire Police’s Stoke-on-Trent North policing team, tweeted about the incident.

He added: “We will not tolerate abuse or intimidation of our emergency services. This kind of behaviour is totally unacceptable and we will take appropriate action against offenders.

“The arrest relates to matters of verbal abuse that could constitute offences under the Public Order Act. This is not solely about the note.”

A Staffordshire Police spokesman confirmed the force took action after seeing details reported on Twitter.

The woman remains in police custody and enquiries are on-going.



Continue Reading


Jon Venables Reportedly Attacked With Boiling Water By Fellow Inmate



Jon Venables attacked with boiling water by a fellow inmate. 

Jon Venables, one of the schoolboys who murdered James Bulger in 1993 has been attacked in prison after an image was released on social media.

Venables who is now aged 35 was attacked with boiling water and sugar after a fellow inmate managed to work out his identity.

Venables have been living under a fake name since 2001 and was sent back to jail having broken the conditions of his release and being found guilty of child pornography.

Venables was banned from travelling back to Liverpool but he had been attending music events and going to Everton Football matches.

He was later found to be in possession of cocaine and was also having a relationship with an underage girl.

Prison Officers were forced to place Venables on lockdown after his identity was revealed and he was attacked with boiling water and sugar.

it is alleged that Venables complained that guards did nothing at first to stop the attack from happening and offered him little help once he had been assaulted.

The Ministry of Justice confirmed to Police Hour that “incidents of this nature happen within prisons and we cannot discuss the nature of individual cases”

Now that the true identity of Venables is known within side the prison after images have been circulated among inmates it will be inevitable that another attack will happen.

Venables is currently serving a three-year sentence for child pornography offences and possession of 1,170 images of children which included babies.

It is believed inmates have been circulating images of Venables from prison to prison in the hope that one prisoner can identity him.

Facebook and Twitter this month removed images from their social media websites of various men who people claimed was Venables.

It is a criminal offence to name or identity Venables on social media due to an anonymity order granted in 2001 that prevents him from ever being named or identified.

Due to the nature of his repeat offending there is mounting pressure to scrap that order in order to prevent further children being targeted.

However due to the nature of Venables sick attack these orders are likely never to be removed.



Continue Reading