Connect with us

News

105 arrested at Notting Hill offences range from sexual assaults to stabbings

Published

on

Met Police have arrested 105 people at the Notting Hill Carnival in London.

The arrests were all made on Sunday 28th August for offences such as drugs, sexual assaults and stabbings.

9 x Public order;
24 x Offensive weapon (blade);
1 x Going equipped for theft;
74 x Drugs offences;
4 x Sexual offences;
2 x GBH;
9 x ABH;
2 x Theft Person; and
11 x Other offences.

Four people have been stabbed at the Carnival with a 14-year-old arrested following a stabbing on Wornington Road.

Stabbing at Wornington Road

At 16:25 on Sunday, 28 August, police were called to reports of a stabbing on Wornington Road, Kensington and Chelsea. A 15-year-old boy was taken by London Ambulance Service to a central London hospital. His condition, which was critical, is now not life threatening.

A 14-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of GBH and taken to a central London Police Station. Enquiries continue.

Stabbing at Portobello Road

At 16:28hrs on Sunday, 28 August, police were called to reports of a stabbing on Portobello Road at the junction with Munro Mews. A 20-year-old man was taken by London Ambulance Service to a central London hospital where his condition is not life threatening. There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.

Double stabbing at Ladbroke Grove

At 17:09hrs on Sunday, 28 August, police were called to reports of a stabbing at Ladbroke Grove at the junction with Treverton Street. A 16-year-old boy and a 15-year-old boy were at the scene having suffered stab wounds. Both were taken by London Ambulance Service to a central London hospital. Both boy’s condition are not life threatening. No arrests. Enquiries continue.

Stabbing at Kensal Rise

A man presented himself to officers at Kensal Rise tube station and told them he had been stabbed resulting in a cut to the head. He declined to provide further details and subsequently left the scene. Enquiries are ongoing.

Comments

comments

Trev Sherwood is the founder & blogger at the UK’s Leading Crime & Policing News. Delivering you breaking news, insightful analysis, legislation & positive news!

Continue Reading
Advertisement

News

Two arrested on suspicion of under following death of three children

Published

on

A 14, 8 & 7-year-old has been killed in a devastating house fire which is being treated as murder.

Cops are treating the deaths as ‘Murder’ by fire and have now arrested a 23-year-old man and a 20-year-old woman.

A three-year-old girl is also fighting for her life in hospital and her mother is in a serious condition.

Police have launched a murder inquiry after three children died in a suspected arson attack on a house in Salford.

Emergency services responded to reports of a fire at 4.58am on Jackson Street, Worsley in Greater Manchester.

Sadly Demi Pearson aged 14 was declared dead at the scene following the horrific arson attack which ripped through the house.

Another boy aged eight-year-old and a girl aged seven-year-old have also sadly died in hospital.

Michelle Pearson aged 35 the mother of all four children is also in a serious condition and is fighting for her life.

Greater Manchester Police said a manhunt was underway for a suspect and the force was “keeping an open mind” as to whether the incident was gang-related.

Chief Superintendent Wayne Miller said: “The death of these three children is heartbreaking. Our thoughts are with their loved ones and the little girl and her mum who are in hospital fighting for their lives.

“We currently have specially-trained officers with the family to help them through this devastating time.”

He called on the suspect to “give himself up”, adding that “he knows who he is”.

“This is a fast-moving live investigation and we have a major investigation team with scores of dedicated detectives working tirelessly,” he continued.

“I want to describe what this incident is; it’s the murder, using fire, of three children and we have a three-year-old girl fighting for her life who is seriously ill.

“This will devastate this family forever and words cannot describe what they are going through. We need the public’s help to find the answers the family deserve.

“We want to make arrests as soon as possible and we appeal to local people to help us in this.”

Two 16-year-old boys managed to get out of the house before fire crews could arrive. they are believed to be safe and well.

Greater Manchester Police have now referred the incident to the Independent Police Complaints Commission because they had been called to the address due to an “earlier incident at the address” hours before.

Jackson Street has been closed off with large steel barriers and firefighters are still monitoring hot spots within the property,

Our thoughts are with everyone who has been impacted by this devastating fire.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

News

Man hunt launched as three children killed House Fire

Published

on

A 14, 8 & 7-year-old has been killed in a devastating house fire which is being treated as murder.

Cops are treating the deaths as ‘Murder’ by fire and know who the suspected killer is and urge him to hand himself in before he is named.

A three-year-old girl is also fighting for her life in hospital and her mother is in a serious condition.

Police have launched a murder inquiry after three children died in a suspected arson attack on a house in Salford.

Emergency services responded to reports of a fire at 4.58am on Jackson Street, Worsley in Greater Manchester.

Sadly Demi Pearson aged 14 was declared dead at the scene following the horrific arson attack which ripped through the house.

Another boy aged eight-year-old and a girl aged seven-year-old have also sadly died in hospital.

Michelle Pearson aged 35 the mother of all four children is also in a serious condition and is fighting for her life.

Greater Manchester Police said a manhunt was underway for a suspect and the force was “keeping an open mind” as to whether the incident was gang-related.

Chief Superintendent Wayne Miller said: “The death of these three children is heartbreaking. Our thoughts are with their loved ones and the little girl and her mum who are in hospital fighting for their lives.

“We currently have specially-trained officers with the family to help them through this devastating time.”

He called on the suspect to “give himself up”, adding that “he knows who he is”.

“This is a fast-moving live investigation and we have a major investigation team with scores of dedicated detectives working tirelessly,” he continued.

“I want to describe what this incident is; it’s the murder, using fire, of three children and we have a three-year-old girl fighting for her life who is seriously ill.

“This will devastate this family forever and words cannot describe what they are going through. We need the public’s help to find the answers the family deserve.

“We want to make arrests as soon as possible and we appeal to local people to help us in this.”

Two 16-year-old boys managed to get out of the house before fire crews could arrive. they are believed to be safe and well.

Greater Manchester Police have now referred the incident to the Independent Police Complaints Commission because they had been called to the address due to an “earlier incident at the address” hours before.

Jackson Street has been closed off with large steel barriers and firefighters are still monitoring hot spots within the property,

Our thoughts are with everyone who has been impacted by this devastating fire.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

News

Police are content Corrie McKeague is not in the landfill areas which have now been searched.

Published

on

Corrie Mckeague has been missing since September

olice have completed the search of a second area at the Milton landfill site as part of their inquiry to find Corrie McKeague.

The search of an extended area of Cell 22 began on October 23, 2017.

Although the data available indicated this was the next most likely area where Corrie might be found following the original 20-week search of the cell earlier this year, there was no trace of him.

Police are content Corrie is not in the landfill areas which have now been searched.

The inquiry team has identified all the other possible locations where waste has been deposited from the area in Bury St Edmunds known as the ‘horseshoe’ and there are no further realistic search opportunities at this time.

As previously stated, the nature of waste disposal and its movement is not an exact science.

The primary hypothesis – that Corrie ended up in the waste disposal process – was endorsed by a review of the investigation undertaken by the East Midlands Special Operations Unit (EMSOU).

The EMSOU officers who conducted the review were given access to all of the information they needed to conduct a thorough review, including all of the witness statements.

Following the conclusion of the landfill search site today the investigation into Corrie’s disappearance on September 24, 2016, will continue.

He was last seen on CCTV entering a loading bay in the ‘horseshoe’ following a night out.

CCTV in Bury St Edmunds town centre has already been viewed up to 4pm on 24th September 2016 and Corrie has not been seen to leave.

However, we will continue to scrutinise the other theories in order to try to establish and understand what may have happened to Corrie.

Detective Superintendent Katie Elliott said: “We are still committed to continuing with the inquiry. There are a number of other theories about what could have happened to Corrie and we are continuing to test the evidence to help us understand what happened to Corrie, which will assist in providing answers to his family.

“We feel it is important to explain to the family what we are doing, so they have the opportunity to understand and question what we have done, and why we have done it.

“We are acutely aware of the immense strain the last 15 months has placed upon Corrie’s loved ones. We want them to be confident we are doing everything that it is practical for us to do as we strive to find Corrie.”

Suffolk Constabulary would like to thank FCC Environment, owner of the Milton landfill site, for its support and co-operation during the inquiry.

The total amount searched in this second phase of the search was 2,867.5 tonnes.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Facebook

Trending