Connect with us

News

Police unable to discount terror as motive for serviceman attempted abduction

Published

on

Police Pay
LilyAnne's Coffee Bar



Police have confirmed they are unable to discount terror as a motive for an attempted abduction of an RAF Service man who has been left shaken.

Detectives investigating the attempted abduction at RAF Marham have set up a dedicated hotline for anyone who has information.

Police are urging members of the public to call 0800 056 0154 or 0207 158 0011particularly if they saw a dark coloured people carrier in the King’s Lynn area yesterday afternoon.

Enquiries have so far revealed the victim, an RAF serviceman, was out on a run between 2.55pm and 3.26pm when he was approached by two men and grabbed by one.

The first suspect apparently shouted at him before grabbing his shoulder and wrist and pulling him with a degree of force into the road. The victim fought off his attacker and following a short scuffle the suspect fell to the ground.

The second suspect came into view at this point and was seen to hold a knife, described as having a 3inch black blade and 3inch black handle, which has not been located yet. Having seen his accomplice on the floor the second suspect went to his aid and the victim ran to get help, alerting the RAF Marham police.

The suspects fled the scene in a dark coloured people carrier and have not been located at this time.

Detective Superintendent Paul Durham, from the Norfolk and Suffolk Major Investigation Team, said: “Tracing the vehicle is a priority for the investigation and I would urge anyone who may have seen a dark coloured people carrier in the King’s Lynn area, in particular around Marham, yesterday afternoon to contact police on the dedicated hotlines.

“While the victim was unhurt he is naturally shaken by yesterday’s incident and continues to receive support from his family, the police and personnel at RAF Marham.

“There is no evidence at this stage to suggest terrorism as a motive; we cannot discount it but equally there are other plausible lines of enquiry to follow.

“CCTV is an area of investigation and we are also following up several sightings of the vehicle described in the West Norfolk area.”

Let us know your views by tweeting @PoliceHour We'll feature the best tweets within the article.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading
Advertisement

News

Who are these Cowards who left horse for dead after crash?

Published

on

LilyAnne's Coffee Bar



Do you know who these Cowards are? Police have launched a manhunt after a group of men dumped a horse following a collision with a car. They left the horse for dead.

The horse was left seriously injured during a procession in Great Bridge Road in Bilston on Sunday after she bolted into a vehicle.

Instead of staying with the horse and seeking treatment for the horse they fled the scene and dumped the horse. leaving the horse for dead.

The female brown horse was tragically left to die, without any thought for the horse as they fled the scene and did not check to see if the driver and the family within the car were ok.

The sheer impact of the crash smashed the windscreen of a Volkswagen and left the mare lying in the road. The horse was bleeding heavily.

The horse was attached to a traditional carriage and the men detached the horse from the carriage and fled the scene dragging the carriage with them.

RSPCA Inspector Vicki Taylor, who was called alongside police, said: ‘The horse was lying in the road and bleeding where the smashed windscreen had cut into her front and legs. ‘This was a shocking sight and she was clearly suffering

‘Thankfully the family who were in the car were uninjured but their vehicle was badly damaged. ‘When I arrived, the men with the horse had already left, dragging the trap away with them.

Witnesses provided photos of the owners taking off the trap and leaving the horse in the road. ‘It must have been a shock to be involved in an accident like this but these men essentially abandoned this horse to die.

 

‘As they left, the men were pictured trying to hide their faces.’ The mare, who is about seven years old, is also underweight but is now recovering at a private boarding establishment in RSPCA care.

Inspector Taylor added: ‘Thankfully there are no obvious broken bones and the equine vet is positive she will recover despite the open wounds which may take a while to start healing.

‘We are now appealing for anyone who may recognise the horse, or the men in these images, to contact us in strictest confidence on the inspectorate appeal line on 0300 123 8018.’

 

 

Let us know your views by tweeting @PoliceHour We'll feature the best tweets within the article.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

News

The mystery of the missing biscuits and the cop who was dragged over the coals

Published

on

LilyAnne's Coffee Bar



A Police Officer was dragged over the coals and faced losing the job he once loved after a tin of biscuits disappeared from a police station in London.

Despite PC Thomas Hooper being arrested and questioned under caution, he was eventually found not guilty of misconduct following a three-day misconduct hearing.

PC Thomas Hooper was also alleged to have applied for a Fixed Penalty Notice issued while he was driving he was driving a police vehicle back to the station in full response mode.

He was also accused of nicking a two-tier tin of biscuits belonging to another officer and then officer a false account relating to the disappearance of that said biscuit tin.

Now PC Hooper has been cleared after no evidence was found on both matters after he was grilled at a three-day hearing.

PC Hooper was suspended and then placed on restricted duties following the incidents in now free to return to full operational duties after what can only be described as a waste of police time and a witch hunt against PC Hooper.

During the hearing panel chairman Naheed Asjad said the public would be concerned about the value of the complaint about the biscuits, which was looked into by other officers and is now being heard at a misconduct hearing.

She said: “You have a sergeant and an inspector and a box of biscuits that have gone missing and the only thing you can come up with is to refer the matter to Directorate of Professional Standards?”

It’s an Utter Disgrace…

Trevor Sherwood Police Hour Founder “It’s a complete disgrace that this matter was referred to the Directorate Of Professional Standards and that the officers within that department upheld a criminal allegation of the theft of a tin of biscuits.

“While policing budgets are stretched the powers that be are wasting thousands of pounds investigating each other for petty offences, for an officer to face losing his job over a missing tin of biscuits is an utter shame.

“This is wasting valuable policing time and amounts to amounts to utterly shameful management from PC Hoopers supervision who believed this was an issue for professional standards.

“These type of investigations can run into the tens of thousands and really they should not be happening, for a truly dedicated and committed police officer to face the loss of his job over biscuits is the real shame of British policing in 2018.”

Now someone hand that cop a tin of biscuits.

Let us know your views by tweeting @PoliceHour We'll feature the best tweets within the article.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

News

85-year-old murdered in horrific and cowardly attack in her home

Published

on

LilyAnne's Coffee Bar



Rosina Coleman aged 85 has been found dead in her home in Romford east London. She was subjected to a horrific and cowardly attack, she suffered serious injuries and sadly died.

She was murdered in her own home, The pensioner was only found when a repair worker attended her home in Ashmour Gardens on Tuesday morning.

Rosina is believed to have been attacked in her home hours before she was found. Very little details have been released by the police.

Credit: Met Police

Detective Inspector Paul Considine, who is leading the murder investigation, described it as “a despicable incident in which the victim, an elderly lady who lived alone, had been subjected to a cowardly assault that left her with serious injuries.”

Det Ins Considine appealed for anyone with information to come forward: “I want to ask anyone who saw or heard anything suspicious to call police immediately; did you hear anyone in distress or notice someone in the area who may have looked out of place?

“Even a fragment of information is beneficial to our investigation.

“It is imperative that we find those responsible for this horrendous offence.”

  • Anyone with information should call the Metropolitan Police on 101.

Let us know your views by tweeting @PoliceHour We'll feature the best tweets within the article.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Facebook

Trending