Connect with us

News

Two bus drivers cut free following  collision in Birmingham

Published

on

Two bus drivers, who had to be cut free from their cabs, and four other passengers have been treated by ambulance crews and taken to hospital following a collision between a single decker and double decker bus in Birmingham this morning.
  
In total, 13 patients were assessed by West Midlands Ambulance Service, seven of whom were discharged on scene.
The incident occurred on Addison Road shortly after 11am. Five ambulances, a paramedic area support officer, a doctor, the Trust’s Hazardous Area Response Team (HART) and the Midlands Air Ambulance from Cosford were sent to the scene.

  
A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokesman said: “Crews arrived on scene to discover two buses that had been in collision with the front driver’s side of both vehicles having suffered significant damage.
“It quickly became evident that both drivers were trapped as a result of the incident and ambulance staff worked closely with the fire service to free them, a process which took approximately 90 minutes.
“The fire service’s technical rescue team had to manoeuvre the double decker bus backwards before carefully cutting part of the side of both vehicles away.
“The driver of the single decker bus, a man believed to be in his 40s, was treated by ambulance staff for leg injuries and once freed, was taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham.

  
“The driver of the double decker bus, a man thought to be in his 40s, was also treated for leg injuries and again taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham.
“Both men appear to have escaped serious injuries which given the significance of the collision is extremely fortunate.

“One of the passengers on the single decker bus, an elderly female, had to be helped from the vehicle on a stretcher. She was treated for back injuries and taken to the same hospital.
“A further ten patients were assessed and triaged at the scene by HART, of which three required further assistance and onward travel to Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham.

“A man from the single decker bus was treated for elbow, shoulder and knee injuries, whilst two females, one of whom was elderly, were treated for minor injuries.

“All six patients who were taken to hospital were done so by land ambulance.

“The remaining seven patients were discharged at scene.”

Comments

comments

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

News

Girl aged 8 who was stabbed to death named as Mylee Billingham

Published

on

A little girl who was tragically stabbed to death has been named as 8-year-old Mylee Billingham.

Police responded to a domestic related incident near Walsall and sadly discovery Mylee seriously injured.

Despite frantic efforts by police, paramedics and doctors nothing could be done to save Mylee.

Cops immediately arrested a man aged 54 in connection with her murder.

Sadly Mylee was found with life threatening injuries at a property in Brownhills, near Walsall, on Saturday night, and died a short time later in hospital.

West Midlands Police said the man was also taken to hospital with a stab wound to the stomach.

The 54-year-old man who was arrested remains in a “critical” condition and will Be question “in due course” in relation to the murder of 8 year old Mylee.

Officers are not looking for anyone else in connection with Mylee’s death.

Our thoughts are with Mylee’s family and friends at this difficult time.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

News

Girl 8 stabbed to dead in Walsall, West Midlands

Published

on

Police have launched a murder investigation after an 8 year old girl was stabbed to death near Walsall.

A 54-year-old man has been arrested following the attack overnight in Brownhills.

Cops responded to a 999 call at 9.15pm to reports of a disturbance at the address on arrival they found a girl with serious injuries.

She was rushed to hospital but sadly nothing could be done to save her this girls injuries were too serious and she died a short time later.”

The 54-year-old man was also taken to hospital and treated for a stab wound to his stomach.

Detective Inspector Jim Colclough, from the homicide unit, said: “We are treating this as a domestic incident and are not looking for anyone else in connection with the child’s death.

“Our family liaison team are supporting the family of the little girl, who are naturally devastated by her death. Our thoughts remain with them.”

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

News

Parents warned after hooded man follows and grabs second child in 24 hours

Published

on

Chilling CCTV footage has been released of what is believed to be an attempted abduction of a schoolgirl aged 11 just 24 hours after another school girl reported that she was approached and grabbed by a man as she walked to school in north Manchester.

Police are linking both incidents are warning parents to remain vigilant after a second child was grabbed walking to school.

CCTV footage shows a young girl being approached by a stranger in the street, police have now launched an investigation after the girl was followed and grabbed.

The girl managed to fight off the man and break free before she raised the alarm on Acre Top Road. She escaped unharmed.

The incident happened at 8.30am on Wednesday, January 10th as the girl walked to school. Police are also investigating another incident in which another schoolgirl was grabbed near Sainsbury’s on Middleton Road by the Heaton Park roundabout, was also reported the day before, the school said.

Crab Lane Primary School, in Higher Blackley, released a letter to parents warning that a stranger had attempted to grab a school girl on her way into school ‘The matter was reported to police immediately and the child was able to give a good description,’ the letter from headteacher Pat Adams said.

‘The police have informed us that a similar incident occurred near the Sainsbury’s, by the Heaton Park roundabout, the day before. ‘The police suspect that the two incidents are connected, given the short distance between them and the fact that both girls gave a similar description of the man in question.

‘As of yet, the police have not located this man. Therefore, please take extra precautions to remind your children of ‘stranger danger’ and the importance of being vigilant when on the streets without an adult.’

Police have said the suspect is described as a white man of slim build aged in his 30s he has blond hair and a blue jacket.

Thankfully both children managed to break free, Police are now warning parents to be on their guard and request that children walk in groups of two on their way to and from school.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Facebook

Trending