Norfolk Constabulary can confirm that the bodies of two teenagers have been discovered at Thorpe Marshes Reserve in
Trowse earlier this evening (Wednesday 12 August 2015).
Emergency services were called to the location at around 4.50pm this afternoon to reports of a male and female getting into difficulty in the water.
Chief Inspector Nathan Clark from Norfolk Constabulary said: “Colleagues from Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service, Eastof England Ambulance Service, Search and Rescue, Coastguard and the police helicopter assisted officers on the ground and in the air in the search.
“Both bodies were discovered within water and were sadly pronounced dead at the scene.”
Enquiries continue into the circumstances surrounding their deaths.
Chief Fire Officer, Nigel Williams, from Norfolk Fire and Rescue said: “We responded quickly to the call, with up to 40 officers on the scene, including our dive team and urban search and rescue team.
“Tragically there was nothing we could do and two young people have lost their lives whilst in open water.
“My heart felt condolences, and those from every fire fighter at the scene, go out to the family at this terribly sad time.”