Connect with us

News

Tunisia Terror Attack Witnesses urged to upload images and videos on special policing website. 

Published

on

Hundreds of UK counter terrorism officers are continuing to support the international response as we approach one week on from the attack in Tunisia in which 30 Britons were killed.
Officers and staff have been working hard over the last week to identify victims, support families and gather evidence to support the coronial process and the Tunisian investigation. 

These include over 160 officers who are in the process of interviewing hundreds of witnesses who either saw the attack in Sousse, Tunisia, or were in the vicinity when it happened following their return to the UK. 

A total of 20 experienced officers, including senior detectives and specialist forensic officers, have now been deployed to Tunisia by the Met’s Counter Terrorism Command (SO15), which is leading the coronial investigation on behalf of the coroner and supporting the Tunisian investigation. More officers are likely to follow.

The National Policing Counter Terrorism Headquarters has also deployed specialist CT security advisors to Tunisia to support the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and Tunisian authorities review security at resorts and tourist attractions.

Meanwhile, the number of family liaison officers from forces across the country supporting families of the deceased and victims who survived the attack has risen to 76. 

Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley, the national policing lead for counter terrorism, said: “People across the country will no doubt have been deeply affected by the appalling events in Tunisia last week. Our thoughts and sympathies are with the families of those who were killed as well as the survivors at this very difficult time.

“I would like to use this opportunity to appeal to anyone who was in Sousse and witnessed the attack to contact us on 0800 789 321 to help with the investigation, if they haven’t done so already. We have also set up a dedicated email addresses for people to send any images and information that may assist.”

He added: “With the threat level to the UK from international terrorism remaining at severe, the UK police service is continually reviewing security to help ensure people and places are as safe as possible.

“As always we advise the public to remain vigilant and to report any suspicious behaviour or activity to the confidential Anti-Terrorist Hotline on 0800 789 321 or in an emergency the public should always call 999.”
Please click here to visit the link. 

Comments

comments

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

News

Boy aged five dies after crossing the road in Bournemouth

Published

on

Officers are appealing for witnesses to come forward following a fatal collision in Bournemouth in which a young boy has sadly died after he crossed the road.

Police Hour is unable to speculate on whether or not the child was out walking the streets alone, Police have not confirmed these details.

What we can confirm

At 3.54pm today, Wednesday 13 December 2017, Dorset Police was called to reports of a very serious collision involving a black Vauxhall Corsa and a five-year-old boy as he crossed Naseby Road.

The boy, from Bournemouth, sustained a serious head injury and was taken to Poole Hospital. Very sadly he died a short time later. His parents have been informed and the coroner notified.

The driver of the car, a local woman aged in her 20s, was shaken but uninjured.

The road is closed while emergency services deal with the incident and collision investigators examine the scene.

Police appeal for anyone with dashcam footage to come forward

Police Sergeant Joe Pardey, of the traffic unit, said: “It is with great sadness for me to say that this young boy died from the injuries he sustained in the collision. Our thoughts are with all his family and friends.

“I am appealing to anyone who witnessed the collision and has yet to speak to officers to please contact Dorset Police.

“I would ask anybody who was in the area at the time to consider any dashcam or CCTV footage they may have which could assist us in our investigation.”

Anyone with information is asked to contact Dorset Police at www.dorset.police.uk, via email at [email protected] or by calling 101, quoting incident number 13:269. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

News

87-year-old Arthur was beaten and robbed in his own home sadly dies

Published

on

Arthur who was aged 87 was badly beaten and robbed in his own home has sadly lost his life in hospital following the horrific ordeal he experienced.

Arthur ‘Bob” Gumbley was attacked in his own home in Endwood Drive, Sutton Coldfield on November 21st.

He was found laid in a pool of blood on the floor, he was black and blue having been punched and kicked in the face.

He was rushed to the Good Hope Hospital where he was receiving treatment to his chest, neck, arms and face.

Arthur before the attack was in really good health, sadly his condition deteriorated last week and he sadly passed away on Monday 11 December.

Senior Investigating Officer, Detective Inspector Dan Ison, said: “This was an horrific and despicable attack on a defenceless elderly man in his own home, which has now resulted in his untimely death and a murder investigation.

“I am appealing for the support of the public to assist us in bringing those responsible to justice. Therefore, I make a plea to any person who may have any information, or who may be a witness to this terrible incident, to please make contact with us.

“Crimes of this nature cannot go unpunished, and I want to reassure Arthur’s family that every effort is now being made to bring those responsible to justice. They are being supported by specially trained officers, and I would ask that their privacy is respected at this sad time to allow them to grieve.

“The robbery is believed to have taken place between 7 pm and 9 pm when thieves ransacked the house and stole items of jewellery and cash, as well as a purse that belonged to Arthur’s late wife.”

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

News

Fourth child dies following blaze in Salford as Zac Bolland is charged with Murder

Published

on

A girl aged three has tragically died in hospital following a house fire in Salford

Sadly her life support machine was turned off today “my beautiful granddaughter, go find your brother & two sisters”.

Her three other siblings sadly died following the blaze.

So far six people have been arrested and two have been charged over the deaths.

Sadly Lia Pearson was injured when a blaze broke out just before 5 am Monday morning at the terraced house in Jackson Street, Walkden.

Her sister Demi Pearson aged 15 was pronounced dead at the scene and her brother Brandon and Seven-year-old sister Lacie died in hospital.

Her grandmother Sandra Lever announced the heart breaking news that Lia’s life support machine has been turned off.

She said “my beautiful granddaughter, go find your brother & two sisters”.

Their 35 year old mother Michelle Pearson is in a serious condition and is not aware that four of her children have died.

Two 16-year-old boys managed to escape the blaze.

Zak Bolland

Zac Bolland aged 23 and Courtney Brierley aged 20 have appeared in Worsley have been charged with three counts of Murder and four counts of attempted murder and one final count of arson with intent to endanger life.

Any with information on the incident should contact police 0161 856 8797, or call 101 or the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Facebook

Trending