A two year old boy had been taken away from his parents because of their smoking habits.
Health Vistors raised serious concerns about the cigarette smoke within the family home.
Julie Allen a Health Visitor told a family court she had never in her 10 year career seen such a smokey house.
The child was exposed to a visible cloud of smoke when she arrived for the health visit and struggled to breathe within the home.
The boy had been to the doctors and was prescribed an inhaler to help with breathing problems.
Another social worker described how the child’s toys and clothes “smelt heavily of smoke”.
The judge said: “On entering the living room Ms Allen described being able to see a visible cloud of smoke surrounding the father and the boy.
“The boy was asleep on the sofa and had been unwell for some time by this point.
“Ms Allen described the room as ‘so smoke entrenched that I had difficulty breathing’.
“She immediately expressed concern to the parents as to the impact of such smoke on (the boy), who had already been prescribed an inhaler within the previous month to help his breathing.
“The parents seemed unable both at that stage and when the issue of smoking around the boy was raised by any other professional, to acknowledge or appreciate the concern and adapt their behaviour.”
Let us know your views by tweeting @PoliceHour We'll feature the best tweets within the article.