Police Hour are currently recruiting a number of ‘Content Producers’ to drive the editorial across the entire website, with a particular focus on leading coverage of policing Incidents and major crime stories.
Our content producers are required to keep content updated and current with what is happening within the crime world.
The successful candidate will work closely with the News Editor to achieve our editorial output aims and content styles.
You will be a vital part of our team and help create our mark within the media world. As we develop from an unknown website to a well known media brand, that can be looked upon for a valid and trustworthy source of news.
We are ideally looking for those who are looking to gain a start within the media world.
About Police Hour
Police Hour is an crime and policing site serving a United Kingdom based audience of around 10,000 readers per day.
PH launched in the UK in April 2014. We have quickly gained a good audience within that time, we cover all newsworthy crime and policing stories within the United Kingdom and often from around the world.
We are a variety of people working around the United Kingdom all from home. We get out facts right before we publish any news story, we are proud of our trustworthy content that is grounded and within the right context free from sensationalist journalism.
The ideal candidate will be a strong writer with these qualities:
- Fantastic knowledge and passionate for policing and crime.
A good knowledge of current and past high profile incidents & court cases.
- Excellent knowledge of Media Law relating to the publishing and reporting of crime related incidents and court cases.
- The ability to work to fast turnaround times
- Excellent attention to detail and a high standard of accuracy
Startup/entrepreneurial mindset, efficient, self-motivated
- Good contacts within the policing world a bonus.
- Experience of managing and updating social media pages.
- Experience of working within a remote environment for the purpose of publishing for an established website would be advantageous.
- Sourcing, writing and publishing content for publication on our website, mobile apps and social media pages.
- Writing the PH house style and ensuring you meet our tight editorial deadlines, which includes multiple articles and article updates per hour.
- Ensuring the PH reputation is maintained when building and establishing relationships with police press officers.
- Ensuring all our news is legal, trustworthy and within context.
To ensure your application is considered you must include must complete our on application form, once completed this will be forwarded to our recruitment team.
Let us know your views by tweeting @PoliceHour We'll feature the best tweets within the article.