News

Three Bolton people were admitted to hospital after inhaling laughing gas

Police are investigating after three people were taken ill at a Bolton nightclub.

Just before 4am on Sunday 21 September 2014, police were called to the Royal Bolton Hospital following reports two men and a woman had been admitted to the hospital suffering from the effects of drug ingestion.

The three people had been at the La Spatule club on Bradshawgate in Bolton town centre.

Initial inquiries have established the three people may have inhaled nitrous oxide.

The trio have been treated in hospital and are now recovering well. and, as a result, suffered a bad reaction.

Inspector Graham Neild said: “We are still investigating the circumstances surrounding this incident and exactly what these three people have ingested that caused them to fall ill and require hospital treatment.

“Our initial inquiries have established they may have inhaled nitrous oxide but this is still subject to investigation.

“I do not want to speculate or get into a wider debate about legal highs and the dangers of taking such substances. My main focus is to ensure there aren’t any other people who have either inhaled or ingested whatever these people have taken and have not yet sought medical attention as they could be at risk.

“If you were in this club and you did take something, then please seek the appropriate medical advice and treatment as soon as possible.”

Anyone with information should call police on 101.

Let us know your views by tweeting @PoliceHour We'll feature the best tweets within the article.

Comments

comments

Leave a Reply

Send this to a friend