Connect with us

News

Burglary victim suffers life changing injuries in horrific attack while woman taped to chair

Published

on

Police have released an image which shows the horrific injuries inflicted on a victim of an aggravated burglary in Wimbledon.

The horrific and sickening incident occurred when a 55-year-old man answered his door to three men who then forced their way into his family home.

All three males had their faces concealed, with one of the men immediately launching a violent assault on the man with multiple facial injuries, bruising and injury to his eye socket .

The two further burglars then began threatening a 50-year-old woman before attempting to tape her to a chair, luckily at that point police had already arrived at the scene due to a fast thinking daughter and another adult male who were upstairs and managed to alert police by calling 999.

The injured man is currently in a South London hospital receiving treatment for multiple facial injuries and bruising to the body and limbs. He is undergoing surgery to the eye and his condition is described as life changing.

It is understood that a number of personal items were stolen from the address, some of which have been recovered, as they were discarded by the suspects.

Police attended were alerted to the incident at 10pm on Monday August 11th following reports of a burglary in progress at an address in Kings Road, SW19, Wimbledon.

Officers attended the incident within minutes and apprehended and arrested two suspects in their late 20’s at the scene.

A third suspect evaded police arrest and is believed to be in his late 20’s he made off in the direction of Wimbledon Town Centre.

Police are further appealing to anyone who may have seen a silver Volkswagen two-door cabriolet style car which is believed to have been used by the suspects.

Detective Inspector Dan O’Sullivan, of Merton Burglary Squad, said: “I’m appealing to anyone who was in the area between 21:00-23:00hrs and may have heard of seen the events that night. We are also seeking information regarding a silver car the suspects may have used.

“The level of violence used was extreme and has left a victim seriously injured and traumatised. The fast response to the 999 call ensured that two suspects were apprehended and the victim could receive immediate first aid.

“I must stress that this appears to be an isolated incident, and such cases are thankfully rare. However, this serious attack is now subject of a meticulous enquiry whilst we work to support individuals affected by the events and the local community. Officers are currently conducting high visibility patrols and speaking to residents to answer their concerns.”

One man has been charged in connection with this investigation; the other man remains in custody.

There is no description of the third suspect at present.

Anyone with information is urged to call the incident room on 020 8649 3159; Or if you with to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

News

Hospital turn off life support machine because family couldn’t pay £7k bill

Published

on

The family of British man have been left devastated and furious after an Egyptian hospital because staff switched off his life support without their permission.

Despite this the hospital claim Adrian King suffered cardiac arrest however his family have told the local courts it’s because they didn’t have the money to pay a £7k insurance bill.

Adrian aged 39 became ill while he was on holiday with his friend in Hurghada, on Egypt’s east coast.

All of a sudden he fell unconscious and was being treated in hospital, during his time in hospital it was discovered his insurance policy have been voided and they demanded an upfront payment while he laid on his death bed.

The inquest heard how the insurance was void as he had not declared a bacterial infection he had within his stomach two years before his holiday.

Adrian’s dad Charles Bumford told the hearing: “A man at the hospital stood in my son’s room and told me: ‘The insurance is null and void – you pay now or I switch off the machines.’

“I didn’t have the £7,000 ($9,800) he was asking for at that time. As he walked out of the room he started switching things off.”

Charles added that he tried contacting the hospital ’50 times’ but he never received an answer. The friend Adrian was with at the time, Nicola, was similarly confused by the situation occurring in the medical facility.

“They did the second dialysis and then said that the insurance was voided,” she told the inquest.

“They never said he had a cardiac arrest or anything, they said it was stopping, because the funding was stopped.”

Our thoughts are with the family of Adrian at this difficult time.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

News

Woman arrested after leaving move your vehicle note on ambulance attending 999 call

Published

on

Police have taken a zero tolerance approach to a woman who left a note on an ambulance.

The note left paramedics disgusted police have now confirmed they have arrested a woman after the abusive note was left on an ambulance demanding it parked somewhere else while it was attending a 999 emergency call.

The note stated ‘I couldn’t give a s**t if the whole street collapsed”

The crew were also verbally abused while attending the emergency call while attempting to deal with an ongoing medical incident on Sunday afternoon.

Now a 26-year-old Tunstall woman has been arrested for public order offences.

Chief Inspector John Owen, commander of Staffordshire Police’s Stoke-on-Trent North policing team, tweeted about the incident.

He added: “We will not tolerate abuse or intimidation of our emergency services. This kind of behaviour is totally unacceptable and we will take appropriate action against offenders.

“The arrest relates to matters of verbal abuse that could constitute offences under the Public Order Act. This is not solely about the note.”

A Staffordshire Police spokesman confirmed the force took action after seeing details reported on Twitter.

The woman remains in police custody and enquiries are on-going.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

News

Jon Venables Reportedly Attacked With Boiling Water By Fellow Inmate

Published

on

Jon Venables attacked with boiling water by a fellow inmate. 

Jon Venables, one of the schoolboys who murdered James Bulger in 1993 has been attacked in prison after an image was released on social media.

Venables who is now aged 35 was attacked with boiling water and sugar after a fellow inmate managed to work out his identity.

Venables have been living under a fake name since 2001 and was sent back to jail having broken the conditions of his release and being found guilty of child pornography.

Venables was banned from travelling back to Liverpool but he had been attending music events and going to Everton Football matches.

He was later found to be in possession of cocaine and was also having a relationship with an underage girl.

Prison Officers were forced to place Venables on lockdown after his identity was revealed and he was attacked with boiling water and sugar.

it is alleged that Venables complained that guards did nothing at first to stop the attack from happening and offered him little help once he had been assaulted.

The Ministry of Justice confirmed to Police Hour that “incidents of this nature happen within prisons and we cannot discuss the nature of individual cases”

Now that the true identity of Venables is known within side the prison after images have been circulated among inmates it will be inevitable that another attack will happen.

Venables is currently serving a three-year sentence for child pornography offences and possession of 1,170 images of children which included babies.

It is believed inmates have been circulating images of Venables from prison to prison in the hope that one prisoner can identity him.

Facebook and Twitter this month removed images from their social media websites of various men who people claimed was Venables.

It is a criminal offence to name or identity Venables on social media due to an anonymity order granted in 2001 that prevents him from ever being named or identified.

Due to the nature of his repeat offending there is mounting pressure to scrap that order in order to prevent further children being targeted.

However due to the nature of Venables sick attack these orders are likely never to be removed.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Facebook

Trending