Connect with us

News

14 year old sentenced for University Of Manchester sexual assaults

Published

on

A Teenage boy has been sentenced after admitting sexually assaulting women in and around the University of Manchester.

The 14-year-old boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was sentenced today, Tuesday 22 April 2014 at Manchester Youth Court, after pleading guilty to 12 counts of sexual assault.

He received a 12 month referral order.

The charges relate to separate incidents of sexual assault which happened between 20 August 2013 and 9 October 2013.

The first one occurred around 20 August 2013 on a 32-year-old woman. He then verbally assaulted a 20-year-old woman sometime between 20 August and 27 August.

On the 28 August, an 18-year-old girl was sexually assaulted near to the Science Park

On 21 September 2013, three women – aged 27, 21 and 22 – were sexually assaulted by the boy.

On 5 October 2013 he sexually assaulted five women – aged 32, 32, 17, 35 and 21.

The final assault took place on a 48-year-old woman on 9 October 2013.

Detective Chief Inspector Colin Larkin said: “Thanks to the information provided by the victims and the witnesses who came forward, we were able to make a swift arrest. Following our press appeal, a further six women contacted us to say that they had also been assaulted.

“Although the victims were upset by what happened, each one of them have expressed a genuine wish the boy receives help and does not offend again.”

Anyone who has been a victim of a sexual assault or any other kind of sexual crime, can call Greater Manchester Police on 101 or refer themselves to St Mary’s Sexual Assault Referral Centre on 0161 276 6515.

St Mary’s Sexual Assault Referral Centre in Manchester provides a comprehensive and coordinated forensic, counselling and medical aftercare service 24/7 to anyone in Greater Manchester who has experienced rape or sexual assault.

Let us know your views by tweeting @PoliceHour We'll feature the best tweets within the article.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

News

Families warned to drain paddling pools to stop vampire horseflies breeding after heatwave

Published

on

Vampire like horseflies are breeding like never before as Britain enjoys the longest heatwave in 40 years.

They are breeding like never before with the aide of garden pools and the heatwave.

The NHS is now advising members of the public to drain standing water to stop insects multiplying.

These insects love water and the heat will only help them increase in numbers.

The problem comes when they bite you, more that 9000 people have called the NHS helpline 111 to report these insects bites.

They leave a painful bite which often requires antibiotics if they become infected.

According to Dr Nick Scriven, president of the Society for Acute Medicine, bites from vampire horseflies can be especially sore.

He told the BBC: “They actually give one of the nastier bites, because they take a chunk out of you.”

“They can be very painful, and can take a while to heal, and as result can get infected and need antibiotics.”

Paddling pools are prime breeding grounds for these bugs.

Let us know your views by tweeting @PoliceHour We'll feature the best tweets within the article.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

News

Thug attempted to kill cop jailed for less than 2 years… It should be life

Published

on

We know you should have faced attempted murder charges, we know your laughing at your sentence. Because you attempted to kill a cop to avoid arrest because you are an idiot.

But be assured when that day comes that you need the police to save your life they won’t hold it against you.

In the early hours of Wednesday, 13 June officers chased a suspected stolen vehicle along the A22 Godstone Bypass, after it had been linked to a burglary in Oxted eight days before.

Officers managed to box the vehicle in (using a manoeuvre known as Tactical Pursuit and Containment TPAC).

During the TPAC, the vehicle swerved into one of the police cars, trying to force it off of the road. Officers managed to box the vehicle in, and it then tried to reverse away from officers, so officers got out of their vehicles and tried to remove the driver (Kidd), this included smashing the windows of the vehicle.

In car video footage shows Sergeant Chris Schultze, of the Area Patrol Team, was on the passenger’s side of the vehicle, but then started to go towards the driver’s side to assist officers.

As Sergeant Schultze was making his way to the driver’s side, Kidd drove forward in what appeared to be a deliberate attempt to knock the officers over the barrier, as seen in the footage.

Sergeant Schultze was initially treated at hospital for his injuries, and was later discharged and is now back on duty

The three occupants (two 19-year-old men from Sutton and a 17-year-old man) were arrested for various offences including burglary, theft of a motor vehicle, and failure to stop.

Ramone Kidd, 19-years-old, of Prince of Wales Road in Sutton, South London appeared at Guildford Crown Court yesterday (12 July), and pleaded guilty to the following:

Dangerous driving

Driving whilst disqualified

Driving whilst unfit through drink / drugs

Actual bodily harm (ABH)

Kidd was sentenced to 23 months in prison, and has had his licence disqualified for three years.

In court, His Honour Judge Moss commended all the officers involved in the initial pursuit and the investigation team.

Detective Sergeant Kerry Akehurst, from the Criminal Investigation Department said: “I would firstly like to echo what His Honour Judge Moss said around the professionalism of the officers involved in the incident.

“The role of a police officer is to protect the public, and each day officers put their lives at risk to apprehend suspects and protect the public. During this particular incident, officers attempted to stop the vehicle, and in doing so, three officers received injuries and four police vehicles sustained damage.”

The 19 and 17 year-old men have been released under investigation for the burglary offences whilst enquiries continue.

Let us know your views by tweeting @PoliceHour We'll feature the best tweets within the article.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

News

The cops never complained… The media did, We Did!

Published

on

Recently an image of Donald Trump’s accommodation went viral and everyone likened the police to the army and the fact that because they are serving the public they should simply accept it.

While others including Police Hour believed the accommodation for a pre-planned event should be more suitable.

What shocked us the most was women slept on the floor and had a couple of toilets to share, while men with more luxury camp beds had a similar amount of toilets to share.

Shamefully this should not be happening at a pre-planned event, after all the police aren’t the army and should at least be kept in conditions in which they have a chance of sleeping within, allowing them to be refreshed ready for a 12-hour protest public order shift.

We complained about their welfare and lack of sleep due to so many people sleeping in such a small space. Is it not really acceptable in 2018 for a pre-planned event? this is not the Army. Many of these cops have slept in armed forces situations, in war zones, they simply got on with the job.

But not a single police officer complained, the media did, Twitter did and Facebook did. They simply got on with it and have done a fantastic job, They’ve not moaned like many have assumed they have.

Police Constable Rob Hammond who was part of the deployment tweeted that ‘I liked mine but could not keep it – so much better than the safari bed i was issued when in British Army the thing used to spontaneously collapse imagine 300 plus bobbies being flung out of bed at a sneeze”

SGT S tweeted that “for a massed deployment this venue was great. The female officers accom needed more thought. Disagree strongly with those airing publicly their complaints when there is a chain of command to follow and as officers should show greater resilience mu thanks to Colchester Garrison”.

Inspector Steve Wykes Tweeted “Well LB1 Northumbria is home after a really interesting few days away. Privileged to be part of @ThamesVP operation for @POTUS visit. We were well fed, well accommodated and deployed into the fantastic Blenheim palace. Grateful to my team for their efforts @northumbriapol”

Manc Sergeant who releases the photo took to Twitter to clarify a couple of points tweeting that “no cops actually complained, we were just getting on with it but a photo of the accommodation went viral”.

Also tweeting “Morale was always high and everyone was having a laugh whilst getting the job done even after putting in a 18 hour shift on 1 hours sleep!”.

They got on with the biggest deployment since 2011, made some friends for life and had a great weekend policing.

Let us know your views by tweeting @PoliceHour We'll feature the best tweets within the article.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement
Advertisement

Facebook

Trending