Cumbria Police have closed the A66 in both directions due to Treacherous Snow causing dangerous road conditions.
Police are urging motorists to travel only if necessary and ask that motorist drive to the conditions. Motorists need to be aware that there is a risk of black ice on the county’s roads so must slow down.
Drivers are asked to avoid the following roads as the snow has created potentially dangerous road conditions:
• M6 – 30mph speed restriction in place between Penrith and Tebay in both directions
• Kirkstone Pass has been closed
• Wrynose Pass and Hardknott Pass is closed
• A66 Eastbound – Closed
• A66 Westbound – Closed
• A5092 – Both ways are blocked. There is queuing traffic between A5084 (Penny Bridge) and A590 (Greenod)
• A686 – Alston has reopened following a two vehicle road traffic collision
Let us know your views by tweeting @PoliceHour We'll feature the best tweets within the article.