Emergency Services are currently on the scene of a collision which occurred at 8.16PM.
All three lanes remain open on the M6 Northbound near Junction 36 and 37, the Vehicle involved within the collision is on the hard shoulder.
Police are further warning motorists to travel only if necessary and to drive to the current road conditions.
There is a risk of black ice on and drivers are being warned to slow down.
Drivers are asked to avoid the following roads as the snow has created potentially dangerous road conditions:
· Kirkstone Pass has been closed.
· Wrynose Pass and Hardknott Pass is closed. The Mountain Rescue Team are in attendance recovering a vehicle
· A66 Eastbound – Traffic moving very slowly
· A66 Westbound – Traffic moving very slowly
· A5092 – Both ways are blocked. There is queuing traffic between A5084 (Penny Bridge) and A590 (Greenod)
· A686 – Alston (two vehicle road traffic collision, no injuries believed at this time). Road is temporarily closed whilst emergency services deal
Enjoyed this article?
There’s a lot of misinformation doing the rounds about #coronavirus, and it’s hard to know who to trust. Visit NHS Directly to find out what the symptoms are, how to prevent the spread, and who should stay at home..