Connect with us

News

Police appeal for witnesses – Tayside road collision at Balbeggie

Published

on

Road Traffic Accident at Balbeggie
About 1633 hours Wednesday 19 February 2014, emergency services attended a
report of a road accident involving a Red Ford Focus and a Grey Renault Megane on
the B953 adjacent to Balhall Farm, Balbeggie.
The 45 year old male driver of the Focus had to be cut from the vehicle and was
conveyed to Ninewells hospital Dundee suffering from chest, leg and arm injuries.
These are not considered life threatening.
The 45 year old male driver of the Megane suffered a lower back injury and the 46
year old female front seat passenger suffered seatbelt bruising.  A 17 year old female
rear seat passenger suffered a broken collar bone.  None of these injuries are life
threatening.
Police officers investigating the incident request any witnesses to the incident or
regards the manner the vehicles were being driven immediately before the collision to
contact them on 101

Let us know your views by tweeting @PoliceHour We'll feature the best tweets within the article.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

News

Man attacked staff with a traffic cone at petrol station

Published

on

Police are appealing for information after a man was assaulted with a traffic cone at a petrol station in Newcastle.

At around 12.05pm on Monday afternoon police received a report that a staff member at the Shell garage on the Great North Road in Gosforth had been assaulted with a traffic cone.

The male offender had filled up a motorcycle with fuel but was challenged by staff when it appeared that he would not pay for the fuel.

He became aggressive and then assaulted the staff member with a traffic cone before fleeing the scene on foot in the direction of The Three Mile Inn.

The victim of the assault was later taken to hospital with a suspected broken nose and cheekbone. It is also believed the motorcycle the offender left at the garage was stolen.

Enquiries into the incident are ongoing and police are now appealing for help from the public to identify the offender.

He is described as wearing all black with a white motorcycle helmet that had the visor down.

Officers also want to speak to any witnesses to the incident as there were a number of people on the garage forecourt who police have still not spoken to.

They are also keen to speak to any motorists who may have dash-cam footage showing the motorcycle in question.

Anyone who knows the man, or witnessed the incident on Monday, is encouraged to contact police on 101 quoting log 423 13/08/18 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

You can also email the OIC on [email protected] or report online at www.northumbria.police.uk/contact.

Let us know your views by tweeting @PoliceHour We'll feature the best tweets within the article.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

News

Women takes wrong turn at level crossing sparking police response

Published

on

A woman has brought Metro trains to a standstill after a woman took a wrong turn at a level crossing and drove on the tracks.

How on earth she managed to do that we will never know, despite the bumpy journey and being on a train track she continued her journey, Maybe she was taking a shortcut?.

Police raced to the scene and Trains were suspended causing delays between Newcastle Airport and Regent Centre after the car was spotted on the line at Kingston Park.

Nexus Rail worker Danny Usher has told Police Hour that an 89-year-old woman got confused and took a wrong turn and made a mistake,

“The lady was 89 years old the poor women got confused and made a mistake luckily nobody was hurt and the police have taken her licence off her for her own safety”

Police have said the driver had gotten lost and took a wrong turn onto the railway and was heading towards Bank Foot station before she stopped at the platform.

Police responded to the incident at 8.30pm and helped get the woman out of the car to safety.

The track has also been checked for any damage before trains resumed at 9.15pm.

Let us know your views by tweeting @PoliceHour We'll feature the best tweets within the article.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

News

Sunderland Doctor secretly took pictures of woman at stages of undress while seeing the DR

Published

on

A trusted doctor in Sunderland has been sentenced to 14 months in jail after secretly taking of pictures and videos of his patients.

Last month (July), Dr Thair Altaii, 55, was found guilty of three counts of voyeurism between 2008 and 2014.

The GP, of White Rocks Grove, Whitburn, was found to have more than 19,000 images of women on his laptop, some clothed and others in various stages of undress, after one of his patients raised concerns to police. A number of videos were also found on Altaii’s laptop and other equipment.

After being found guilty of all charges by a jury, Altaii was today (Tuesday, August 14)  back at Newcastle Crown Court as the judge sentenced him to 14 months’ imprisonment.

Detective Constable Lee Boys, of Northumbria Police, said: “Thair Altaii clearly abused his position of trust and caused inevitable distress to his victims, who were totally unaware of what he was doing.

“He must now deal with the consequences of his actions, having destroyed his own professional career and reputation.

“I would like to take this opportunity to thank his victims for the courage, determination and dignity they have shown throughout this investigation, and for their assistance at every step of the process.

“It is their bravery and willingness to inform police of Altaii’s suspicious behaviour that has resulted in his conviction, ensuring no more of his patients can become unwilling and unknowing victims.”

Altaii was arrested in August 2014 after a patient noticed two propped up mobile phones – one on his desk and another on a shelf overlooking the examination table – during an appointment and subsequently alerted police.

His laptop, along with other equipment, was subsequently seized by officers.

The doctor, who was suspended from his role after the allegations came to light, claimed the images were captured for his own assessment and training purposes.

He initially denied recording any of his patients without consent when first spoken to by police.

But during a later interview, he accepted recording nine medical consultations without permission of the patients or making them aware.

When shown some of the images recovered from his laptop, Altaii said they may have been produced automatically after filming appointments “for training reasons”.

The doctor pleaded not guilty to all charges at court and denied any of the images or videos were taken for sexual gratification.

Any patients who have concerns are asked to call 0800 464 0386 or 0330 041 2186.

Let us know your views by tweeting @PoliceHour We'll feature the best tweets within the article.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement
Advertisement

Facebook

Trending