Cumbria Police have closed the A66 Eastbound following a number of Vehicles becoming stuck in the snow within the Carriageway.
Police are on the scene and assisting with the developing situation.
Police have further warned motorists only to travel if necessary, It is vitally important that drivers drive to the current weather conditions.
Drivers need to be aware that there is a risk of black ice on the roads and must therefore slow down.
Emergency services are dealing with a one vehicle road traffic collision on the M6 Northbound between junctions 36 and 37.
Police were called at 8.16pm. All three lanes open, vehicle is on the hard shoulder. All three occupants of a Range Rover are out the vehicle.
Drivers are asked to avoid the following roads as the snow has created potentially dangerous road conditions:
• Kirkstone Pass has been closed.
• Wrynose Pass and Hardknott Pass is closed.
• A66 Eastbound – Closed
• A66 Westbound – Traffic moving very slowly
• A5092 – Both ways are blocked. There is queuing traffic between A5084 (Penny Bridge) and A590 (Greenod)
• A686 – Alston has reopened following a two vehicle road traffic collision