Cumbria was today hit by adverse weather. A combination of high tides and strong winds resulted in a number of roads being flooded across the county.
All emergency services and partner agencies across Cumbria worked hard together to try and minimise the impact that the weather had on our communities.
The following roads remain closed:
- The A5087 sustained flood damage to the road and as such will be closed between Ulverston and Barrow until Tuesday 7th January 2014. Motorists can use the A590 as an alternative.
- A66 from Penrith to Durham is closed to high sided vehicles
- Maryport to Silloth coastal road.
These roads should be used with caution:
- Canal Foot in Ulverston
- A595 Sand Side Road
- Burgh by Sands, Carlisle
- Burgh to Drumburgh route
- Main road between Arnside and Milnthorpe.
The following have now reopened:
- A595 at Muncaster
- Skinburness Road
- Northside Road in Workington
- Viaduct area, Newbridge Road, Falcon Street in Workington
- Inverness Road, Silloth.
Motorists are asked to use caution when driving on any coastal route due to potential flood damage to the road yet to be seen too. Take care on any journey in Cumbria and don’t travel unless necessary.