Connect with us

News

Police appeal for missing Edward Machin following family concerns

Published

on

Appeal to find missing York man believed to have travelled to the Bempton (Humberside) area

North Yorkshire Police is appealing for the public’s help to find a York man who has been reported missing from home.

39-year-old Edward (also known as Ed) Machin was reported missing on Monday 27 January 2014 after his family raised concerns about lack of contact from him.

Edward was due to speak to a friend via a webchat on Saturday and didn’t log on. He was also due back at work on Monday morning and did not arrive. This is very out of character for Edward.

Edward’s brother Ben has made a direct appeal to him to get in touch. He said: “Ed, if you hear this, please, please just get in contact either with me, one of your other close friends or through the missing persons bureau and the police. There are so many people that have been in touch, who care about you and who need to know that you are safe and want you back with us”.

Investigations so far lead police to believe that Edward travelled by train to Scarborough on 23 January where he caught a taxi to Bempton in Humberside, having purchased a return ticket to Bempton.

Officers are appealing to anyone who has seen a man matching Edward’s description to contact the police or the Missing People charity.

Inspector Andy Farrar of North Yorkshire Police, said: “Edward’s disappearance and lack of contact is completely out of character and we are very concerned for his safety. I urge anyone who has seen him or knows where he is now to get in touch. Better still, if Edward sees or hears this appeal, please contact your family, friends or the police and let us know that you are safe.”

Edward is described as white, 5ft 4in tall, of slim build with dark brown hair and blue-grey eyes. When he was last seen on CCTV at Scarborough railway station on Wednesday 23 January, he was wearing a dark coloured jacket, a light coloured shirt, jeans and brown shoes.

Anyone with any information is asked to contact North Yorkshire Police on 101, select option 1 and pass information to the Force Control Room.

Or you can pass information to the Missing People charity on 116 000. Information can be passed to the charity anonymously if you prefer.

Let us know your views by tweeting @PoliceHour We'll feature the best tweets within the article.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

News

Scott Findlay subjected young mother to harrowing sex attack & punched her while she cradled 6-week-old baby

Published

on

A MAN who raped a young mother and repeatedly punched her as she cradled a six-week-old baby in her arms has been jailed.

Scott Findlay subjected his victim to a “prolonged and harrowing” attack in front of her two young children.

Today, at York Crown Court, Judge Simon Hickey sent the 27-year-old, from Ferryhill, in County Durham, to prison for 15 years for offences including rape, assault occasioning actual bodily harm and threats to kill.

The court heard that the victim pleaded with Findlay, who was armed with a kitchen knife, for her children to be prevented from seeing the attack.

Speaking after sentencing, Detective Constable Katrina Meisuria, of Durham Constabulary’s Safeguarding Unit, praised the victim for her courage in giving evidence.

She said: “Scott Findlay subjected his victim to a prolonged, harrowing and violent attack in front of her two young children.

“It took great bravery by the victim to provide evidence at court reliving those events again.

“There is no doubt these crimes have had a life-changing effect on the victim and her children, but the conviction will provide the family with the opportunity to move forward”.

In a statement released through the police, the victim said: “This has been an extremely difficult time for me and my family.

“The incidents occurred only six weeks after the birth of my daughter who was in my arms as Scott Finlay repeatedly punched me about the head and my seven-year-old looked on in terror begging for him to stop hurting his mammy.

“No child should ever have to witness such an attack”.

She added: “My family and I are pleased with the outcome and relieved it is finally over and we can move forward to rebuilding our life”.

After a four-day trial at Durham Crown Court in May, a jury found Findlay guilty of three counts of rape, one count of assault occasioning actual bodily harm and one count of making threats to kill.

He had earlier pleaded guilty to dangerous driving, driving while disqualified and criminal damage.

Let us know your views by tweeting @PoliceHour We'll feature the best tweets within the article.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

News

Man attacked staff with a traffic cone at petrol station

Published

on

Police are appealing for information after a man was assaulted with a traffic cone at a petrol station in Newcastle.

At around 12.05pm on Monday afternoon police received a report that a staff member at the Shell garage on the Great North Road in Gosforth had been assaulted with a traffic cone.

The male offender had filled up a motorcycle with fuel but was challenged by staff when it appeared that he would not pay for the fuel.

He became aggressive and then assaulted the staff member with a traffic cone before fleeing the scene on foot in the direction of The Three Mile Inn.

The victim of the assault was later taken to hospital with a suspected broken nose and cheekbone. It is also believed the motorcycle the offender left at the garage was stolen.

Enquiries into the incident are ongoing and police are now appealing for help from the public to identify the offender.

He is described as wearing all black with a white motorcycle helmet that had the visor down.

Officers also want to speak to any witnesses to the incident as there were a number of people on the garage forecourt who police have still not spoken to.

They are also keen to speak to any motorists who may have dash-cam footage showing the motorcycle in question.

Anyone who knows the man, or witnessed the incident on Monday, is encouraged to contact police on 101 quoting log 423 13/08/18 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

You can also email the OIC on [email protected] or report online at www.northumbria.police.uk/contact.

Let us know your views by tweeting @PoliceHour We'll feature the best tweets within the article.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

News

Women takes wrong turn at level crossing sparking police response

Published

on

A woman has brought Metro trains to a standstill after a woman took a wrong turn at a level crossing and drove on the tracks.

How on earth she managed to do that we will never know, despite the bumpy journey and being on a train track she continued her journey, Maybe she was taking a shortcut?.

Police raced to the scene and Trains were suspended causing delays between Newcastle Airport and Regent Centre after the car was spotted on the line at Kingston Park.

Nexus Rail worker Danny Usher has told Police Hour that an 89-year-old woman got confused and took a wrong turn and made a mistake,

“The lady was 89 years old the poor women got confused and made a mistake luckily nobody was hurt and the police have taken her licence off her for her own safety”

Police have said the driver had gotten lost and took a wrong turn onto the railway and was heading towards Bank Foot station before she stopped at the platform.

Police responded to the incident at 8.30pm and helped get the woman out of the car to safety.

The track has also been checked for any damage before trains resumed at 9.15pm.

Let us know your views by tweeting @PoliceHour We'll feature the best tweets within the article.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement
Advertisement

Facebook

Trending