Weather is causing disruption across the county.
Police and partner agencies are informing people to avoid areas and some people are choosing to ignore these warnings. This information and road closures have been put in place for public safety and people are putting their personal safety and that of the emergency services at risk.
People are continue to be told not to go down to coastal areas, it is very dangerous at this time.
Affected areas reported to the police:
· The A5087 has been closed due to weather incidents and some motorists are continuing to try and use the road. This road is to be avoided and alternative routes sought.
· Flooding has been reported on the A595 at Muncaster, road hazardous
· Slates have come off the Carlisle Racecourse buildings, people to use caution if in the area
· Coastal road at Roosebeck, Ulverston, locals reporting flooding in the area
· Main road between Arnside and Milnthorpe next to Estuary is reported to be flooding.
Motorists are advised not to enter any flooded road that they are unsure of the depth of the water. Do you put yourself at risk.
Enjoyed this article?
There’s a lot of misinformation doing the rounds about #coronavirus, and it’s hard to know who to trust. Visit NHS Directly to find out what the symptoms are, how to prevent the spread, and who should stay at home..