The Environment Agency tonight has issued 20 severe Danger to life flood warnings across the UK due to storms and high tides.
Here are the areas expected to be effected:
- Point of Ayr
- Greenfield to Bagillt
- Usk Estuary at Crindau and Malpas Road
- River Severn at Minsterworth and Quedgeley including Calcott’s Green
- Tidal Severn from Elmore to Rodley including Longney
- Westbury, Broadoak and Newnham on the Severn Estuary
- Preston Beach
- Plymouth Barbican including Sutton Harbour
- North Cornwall Coast At Wadebridge
- North Cornwall Coast At Bude
- South Devon Coast from Exmouth to Lyme Regis
- South Devon Coast from Start Point to Dawlish Warren
- Lands End to Plymouth excluding Truro and Plymouth Barbican
- North Devon Coast at Ilfracombe
- Lands End to Hartland Point excluding Bude and Wadebridge
- Tidal locations in the Taw Torridge Estuary
- Tidal River Torridge from Weare Giffard to Bideford
- Tidal River Taw from Bishops Tawton to Barnstaple
- North Devon Coastal Communities, including Westward Ho!, Combe Martin and Lynmouth
Police are warning people to prepare for possible Evacuations but this will be a last resort and to move items upstairs away from danger!
Enjoyed this article?
There’s a lot of misinformation doing the rounds about #coronavirus, and it’s hard to know who to trust. Visit NHS Directly to find out what the symptoms are, how to prevent the spread, and who should stay at home..