Connect with us

News

Six years for grooming, possession of indecent images, prohibited images and extreme pornography

Published

on

John Leslie Graham, aged 53, from Edinburgh Road, Maryport, has been sentenced to six years at Carlisle Crown Court for grooming, possession of indecent images, prohibited images and extreme pornography.

Graham’s offences came to light in January 2013 after his victim, a girl in her teens, told a family member how she had been receiving sexually explicit text messages. Through an investigation by the police the level of sexual abuse, indecent and prohibited images, and the extreme pornography were revealed.

Detective Constable Andrea Davidson, who led the investigation, said:

“The victim in this case was upset and distressed by what was happening and it had an effect on her life.

“Once these offences came to light, we were able to investigate Graham’s actions and bring him to justice. The sentence today reflects the impact that he had on his victim.

“We will always investigate allegations of this nature thoroughly and professionally, with the priority being on the support of the victim. We encourage anyone not to suffer any form of abuse in silence. Confide in someone you trust, they will be able to help you.”

Anyone with any concerns should call Cumbria Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

News

RAF Mildenhall incident is not terror related

Published

on

Police investigating an incident at RAF Mildenhall can confirm that the incident is not being treated as terrorism.

A 44 year old British man was initially arrested on suspicion of criminal trespass.

The male, who sustained cuts and bruises in the incident, has been taken into custody. Police are not looking for anyone else on the site in relation to the incident.

There is no wider threat to the public or occupants on the base and no other people have been injured as a result of the incident.

The incident remains a police investigation at this time and enquiries are on-going and police are receiving support from other law enforcement agencies.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

News

Police Hour readers raise £6k in memory of PC James Dixon who sadly died on duty

Published

on

Police Hour readers have raised over £6K in the memory of PC James Dixon who tragically died on duty on December 5th, 2017.

Despite money being tight around this time of the year the Police Hour community has pulled together and raised over £6,000 to support the family of Police Constable James Dixon.

The funds raised will be transferred to the Thames Valley Police Federation once the fundraiser is complete.

James Dixon a road policing officer based at Loddon Valley police station, near Reading, was riding his police motorcycle when he was sadly killed.

We’d like to thank our readers for helping us raise this money that will go a long way to support the family and especially sam his wife and their baby who is on the way.

This money will be used to support Sam his wife and their unborn baby to ensure they are supported.

Police Hour wants to be able to support the families and with the help of our readers, that has been made possible.

Thank you to everyone who has donated and even those who can’t spare any money but helped share the appeal.

If you’d like to help support and raise funds for PC James Dixon please click here to donate. 

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

News

Shots fired as ‘car rams gate’ at US Air Force base in Suffolk

Published

on

It has been confirmed that shots have been fired after a car rammed the gates of a US Air Force base in Suffolk.

A man attempted to drive his car to force the vehicle into the barriers at the entrance to the RAF Mildenhall near Bury Sy Edmunds at 1pm on Monday.

Suffolk Police have confirmed that American Service personnel fired shots during the incident and now the site is now placed on lockdown.

The Ministry of Defence has confirmed that one person has been arrested.

It is believed that a car tried to ram the gates and the base has been placed on lockdown.

Police have asked members of the public to avoid the area for the time being.

Police have released a statement only to confirm they are dealing with an incident

“The Ministry of Defence has confirmed that one person has been arrested.

“It’s been reported that a car tried to ram the gates and the base has been placed on lockdown.

“Police have asked members of the public to avoid the area for the time being.”

Police released a further statement just after 1530 confirming they believed there was no wider threat.

“Police are continuing to deal with an ongoing incident at RAF Mildenhall, it is considered that there is no wider threat to the public or occupants on the base.

“One man has been arrested and police are not looking for anyone else on the site”.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Facebook

Trending