Trees have fallen down across many parts of Cumbria due to the high winds in the region. Police, Highways and other emergency services are dealing with a number of incidents, including:
· A595 at Moota, fallen tree blocking Workington side of the road, near to the Plumland junction
· Tree down between Cliburn and the A66
· Road blocked at Pooley Bridge due to a fallen tree
· Disruption in Kendal with trees blocking the road between Grayrigg and Little Docker and also reportedly near to Appleby Bridge on the A685
· Fallen tree blocking road between Lowther Village and Askam
· A electricity pole at Keekle, Cleator Moor has snapped. The road is not blocked, however pedestrians are asked to be cautious if in the area while agencies deal with the incident.
· Concerns about potential trees falling in the area on the A595 at Muncaster Castle, area being assessed locally.
· The road at Westmorland Street in Barrow remains closed after a wall of a house collapsed at around 7:15 am this morning
· The A595 remains closed after wooden cladding on the Asda building was deemed to be unsafe. Diversions are in place but high vehicles are asked to seek alternative routes due to low bridges.
A large number of incidents are being reported across the county regarding fallen trees and highway disruption. Some areas are also reportedly experiencing flooding.
People are advised to be careful if going out and motorists are asked to driving with caution.
Let us know your views by tweeting @PoliceHour We'll feature the best tweets within the article.