POLICE are appealing for information following a high value commercial burglary from a storage and distribution unit on Poulton Industrial Estate over the weekend.
The burglary took place at EVTS storage and distribution unit sometime between 7.30pm on Saturday 30th November and 12.30am on Sunday 1st December.
The offenders have gained entry by forcing the entrance roller shutter doors before removing two HGV wagons that were parked inside the unit and abandoning them near to the premises before filling up their own vehicles with a variety of products that were being stored over the weekend awaiting delivery.
Police investigations have identified that six vehicles and a number of persons were involved over a four hour period in removing the items from within the unit and loading them into waiting vans.
The vehicles were all vans displaying cloned registration plates and included a Berlingo van, Mercedes Sprinter van, a Box van and Transit van.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the burglary and the possible whereabouts of the stolen property.
DS Kathryn Riley from Wyre CID said; “This was clearly a pre-planned and well organised burglary and I would appeal to anybody with any information that could assist with our investigation to contact police.
“The offenders have escaped with a large quantity of products including alcohol, medicine, electrical cable and lead. It is possible some of this property has been offered for sale so again I would be keen to speak with anybody that thinks they may have been offered any of these products or has any information about where they could be to contact Wyre CID on 101.”
The items stolen include;
1. Electrical items which are mainly Babyliss hair products
2. 84 cases of Budweiser beer item code 109592 with 20x300ml bottles in each case.
3. 2 pallets of Cabernet Shiraz valued at £5625
4. 2 pallets of lead.
5. 1 x pallet of various size and grade of electrical cable.
6. Quantity of Persil washing up liquid and Star lights food sticks
7. 10,000 jars of vaseline. (912 cases of 12 jars per case)
8. 11 cases of Claymore whisky
9. 12 cases of Vladi Vodka
10. 7 cases of RSV Brandy
11. 3 x cases of ‘funtime’ banana milkshake in 480ml bottles
12. 8640 boxes of Ranatidine tablets in packets of 12
13. 54 cases with 64 items in each case of muscle rub.
14. 1500 x cases of Bells cough Linctus (6 x 200ml bottles in each case)
15. 24 cases of Lipsore cold cream.
16. 272 cases of Bells Kilkof
17. 84 cases of Abdine relief powders
18. 27 cases of Bells muscle rub
19. Various candy/sweets (unknown quantity) valued at £738.
Anybody with any information can contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or on-line at Crimestoppers-uk.org.
No personal details are taken, information is not traced or recorded and you will not go to court.