(as at April 1st 2014)
The term site refers to our website and mobile applications which includes our iPhone, Android and iPad apps.
All information collected from the site will be processed in accordance with our policy.
Information we may hold about you.
- Any information you have provided us, both online and offline.
- Any information you have provided by interacting with us (advertisements, user registration, comments) which includes comments made on our social media pages.
- Your IP address, when you have connected with our website.
Please do not submit any of your personal information if you do not wish us to collect it and process it in accordance with our policy.
How we use your information
By using the Site, you agree that we may collect, hold, process and use your information (including personal information) for the purpose of providing you with the Site services and developing our business which shall include (without limitation):
- Verifying your identity (for example when you return to the Site)
- Developing the design and style of the Site to improve the services provided to you
- Informing you about the latest changes to the Site, or products, services or promotional offers that you might find interesting
- Dealing with, and responding to you about, a comment you have submitted.
- Enabling you to share our content with others by sharing articles within our social media facilities.
- Informing you if you have been successful in any Site competitions or promotions.
- Carrying out statistical, technical and logistical analysis of services.
We will never supply your personal details to third parties for the purpose of marketing.
Police Hour will always hold the right to transfer Sell or assign any of your information as the result of a sale, merger, consolidation, change of control transfer of assets or reorganisation of our site, to ensure you are still able to make use of the sites services if the servers are changed.
Use of your name in Content
The site holds the right to publish your name, age, address and photograph in relation to any police activity you are connected with, this may include but is not limited to ‘wanted persons, missing persons, crime appeals or court convictions’.
Checks carried out before information!
- Correct name and details are verified by official sources, which includes media and agency within the criminal justice system.
- Photo Verification, requests are made to the correct agency within the criminal justice system to ensure a custody photo, or relevant approved photo is released for publication.
- Free from reporting restrictions that prevent the naming or publication of content under criminal law.
How have we obtained this information!
- Information relating to offences including names, age, address and photo may have been obtained via an agency within the criminal justice system.
- Further information may have been obtained by the open and transparent justice system we have within the United Kingdom via the attendance to court.
Why have we published this information!
- The purpose of publishing this information in-relation to a missing person is to quickly help in the assistance of locating a missing person.
- The purpose of publishing information in relation to a wanted person is to quickly ensure a wanted person is apprehended by the appropriate agency.
Within the United Kingdom the essential principles of open justice within the criminal courts it is vitally important that the underpinning of this open justice system is to ensure society embraces the rule of law, it should be administered in public and subject to public scrutiny, for that reasons all names reported within our site reflect the public interest in the reporting and publication of this.
British law allows the site to be able to report on these proceedings fully and contemporaneously, unless any reporting restrictions are in place which prevent the naming of offenders or suspects.